Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian_Giles

Re: How long to fill an IBC
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 06:37:30 am »
can i just but in and ask a quick question here!

I am thinking of putting my RO and storage tank behind my garage i have a nice little spot for it! but my outside tap is about 7 meteres away basicly at the house would it be ok to run a hose to it? or would it loose to much presure?

iv seen some pics on the RO'S using small pipes

Dave

Connect up your R/O using normal garden hose, at least if you are several metres away!
Once you get to the R/O just use a connection that allows you to step down to the small tubing that the R/O uses.
My own R/O is fed via 20 odd metres of garden hose, but don't try it using an extra long length of the plastic hose, as distance will most certainly affect pressure and flowrate.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

dave0123

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 10:05:53 am »
Ian,

My own R/O is fed via 20 odd metres of garden hose, but don't try it using an extra long length of the plastic hose, as distance will most certainly affect pressure and flowrate.

You mean dont use the plastic hose that comes with the RO??

No i wasnt thinking of making that bigger i will just use normal hose to it!

i was just wondering if it could be done because if not it could be quite tricky as to how i will set it up  :D

Dave
Dave.

batterbee

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 04:06:36 pm »
Hi Bod

I also live in Norwich, i have a 1000ltr ibc tank and a 300gpd ro, my tap pressure is only around 60 psi and that fills the tank in 1 1/2 days.

My tap reading is around 395ppm and the ro takes that down to around 4ppm after the ro then down to 0ppm after di.

I only have to change the di resin around 2 1/2 - 3 months and i change the pre filters every 6 months, so the basic cost of running the 300gpd ro is very minimal.

Hope this helps

Regards John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 09:32:51 pm »
John

Do you clean residential and could I possibly see how you have set up your IBC?

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.