Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kiral1404

Hose inside or out?
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:00:11 am »
After reading a few topics today about pole wear, I was wondering what is better, hose on the inside or on the outside?

I currently use mine on the inside but the pole only lasts 3-4 months (18' excel) it is the only one i use so no surprise it doesn't last too long.

Thinking of getting a predator.

Any of you guys tried both methods, which one is best?

Darren

macmac

Re: Hose inside or out?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:06:12 am »
I'd worry more about your pole mate if its only lasting 3-4 months!!!!!

p.s. inside.
tony

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:09:38 am »
I use an Unger stlyle Ali' pole with the tube on the outside.  It saves a bundle of hose round my feet >:( >:( 
On the other hand, the loops of hose do tend to hook onto anything the come into contact with >:( >:(

Just made myself a 3x1mtr pole for downstairs work (cheap roller pole ::)) so I think I'll run the tube inside it and give it a go :-\ :-\

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

kiral1404

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:10:21 am »
Tell me about it, don't mind buying excel but would at least expect 6 months worth min.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 06:34:47 am »
I have had an Unger pole (up to 42ft) for the last 3 years, and it's been the only pole I've had (apart from a couple of very short ones for shops...and they're Unger too ;)) Pole hose is on the outside...never had a problem with it.

It doesn't look as neat as through the pole, but it gives you far, far greater versatility!
It means that you need only use the length of pole you have to use, which also means you don't need several brushes for your several different length poles.

Being able to break the pole down and leave behind the sections you don't need makes life very much easier and lowers strain on your body.

My aluminium pole is now my back up pole as I've gone the modular route with the Gardiners Supalite pole, and that too of course has the pole hose on the outside.

There are various ways of keeping the hose tight to the pole in use, you can twirl the pole, wrapping the hose around it, you can use double sided velcro.
There was a Canadian guy at the NEC who had developed a smart clip system (a bit like the clips you see on central heating systems, the pole hose is just pushed into the clip and held in place...damn good idea I thought.
Others have used curtain rings I believe.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:06:16 pm »
Believe me, whatever they say about versatility (and I don't know what they mean) the hose on the outside is a pain in the butt.
I use both. Outside sucks and only use that on my modular which is for high work. It sucks more the higher you go. When you go back to an inside hose, it's like a dream.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:28:49 pm »
3 months  :o, thats not good. My Tucker poles are 16 months old now & are still going strong, plus the pipe is inside. I would never have them out, they would be catching & getting caught all the time.

Macc

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:31:29 pm »
Macc, I just ordered a 25ft Tucker with detergent dispenser, is it a good choice?
And I was just wondering, when you have a window say, above a roof and you have to stan back, how do you get the brush to point at the window, do you need a gooseneck with a different angle?

kiral1404

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 05:14:43 pm »
 I roughly do 15 houses or so a day tops and bottoms with the 1 pole, but you would think that it should last more than 3/4 months before wearing that much.

I must admit i don't strip the pole and clean it and the hose is on the inside, but still

Have ordered an 18' predator so see how that goes.

Darren

dai

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 08:54:25 pm »
I use the same unger pole that Ian was talking about. Oval shaped shower curtain rings wont slide past the locking cones, but will let the hose run through. Never found it a problem having the hose outside. Dai

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 09:05:38 pm »
Macc, I just ordered a 25ft Tucker with detergent dispenser, is it a good choice?
And I was just wondering, when you have a window say, above a roof and you have to stan back, how do you get the brush to point at the window, do you need a gooseneck with a different angle?

Good choice in my oppinion. Detergent dispenser is great, i normally only use 1 detergent tablet but on the odd occasion use 2.

Its a great pole but the brush is wicked. My brushes are 16 months old now & still in great condition.

I use the angle that comes with the pole, had no problems so far.

The jets are too big on the Tucker so i will put a post up tomorrow night with a picture showing you how to sort that out.

Macc

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 09:42:49 pm »
Cheers dude.