Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

E.K. W-C-S.

Collecting.
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:03:58 pm »
HI ALL,newbie to the forum and computers this is all a bit mad but great help.
just getting ready to do the hardest part of the job.collecting the houses get the same old story.Catch you next time. Just wondering what you lot do.

Cheers  EDD.

davey c

Re: Collecting.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 07:38:11 pm »
Do you mean collecting from the customers who were out when you cleaned them?????
If they muck you around then strike them off, Theres plenty more customers out there ;D ;D. They just arn't worth the hassle.

Dave.
better luck tommorow.......

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 08:44:50 pm »
All my customers have been trained to send me a check. If they are not in when I clean I leave them an envelope with my address on it (a sticker, can by in the 100's for a few £'s) and the checks arrive shortly. Easy!

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:08:38 pm »
Insist to customers who aren't home when you've been, to post a cheque.
If you have to drive to a job twice, then the chances are it wasn't worth cleaning in the 1st place.
If they aren't happy or mess you about then drop them.
No other trade or utitlity returns at tea-time for their cash. Do they?
You'll save a fortune on fuel alone.

Dick

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:27 pm »
I've handed out letters requesting that payment be left out for collection the next day. Does anyone know how to post a copy of the letter (it's in My Documents) if so then I'll put in on for anyone who wants to see it. It's worked for me, virtually no collecting since I started using it.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 10:13:38 pm »
First I try to get my customers to leave the money in a safe place.  Most of my domestics are in 2 areas so I can go out 1 or 2 evenings a month and round these up.   If they are not in then it's an envelope for them to send a cheque on.  If someone answers and doesn't pay then it's the envelope.  I all ways make them pay for the stamp.  If they mess me about then it's find a new window cleaner.

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:56:47 pm »
a window cleaner is out collecting from some of his houses one day, he walks up the path of number five and knocks the door.

a young lad answers the door, and in his mouth he has got a fat cigar, in his left hand he has got a large scotch,and he has his right arm wrapped around a prostitute.

the window cleaner asks"are your parents home?" and the boy replies "does it f*****g look like it"
 :D
if it is dirty it is fair game