Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeff Brimble

Re: tesco brush
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 06:19:18 am »
Gaz do you supply them ?
The rep on the bentley industrial stand at the Nec told me they don t do mono.

steve k

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 06:31:15 am »
Jeff...sorry to jump on this post but you are just the man I need to ask.

I have just installed a pump in my van..100psi shurflo...6 amps.
I had to extend the wiring to the leisure battery and switch and I used the orange cable you find on outdoor electrical equipment lke hedge cutters. The wiring has a lad of 10 amps. Is this ok to run the pump with?

Thanks

H h20

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 06:43:59 am »
Gaz do you supply them ?
The rep on the bentley industrial stand at the Nec told me they don t do mono.

Jeff, most company reps hav`nt got a clue  ::),
i`ll see if i can get you one,
Gaz ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 07:01:21 am »
The gardiners Supalite brush is one of the Bentley ones, have to say I love it, the bristles spread well and also retain their shape, it's monfilament too.

Up until now I've used the Salmon brushes, the Salmon brush is monofilament, or at least those supplied by Peter Fogwill are!

The Bentley may only be a cheap as chips sweeping brush (as many of the WFP brushes indeed are) but it is so light, and really is perfect for WFP (even if totally unintentional!!)
I saw the Bentley stand up at the NEC, but all the brushes I lifted felt far too heavy to be used for WFP, but then, that isn't their intended use.

As time passes, it is going to become increasingly important to have the lightest possible brush/jets/gooseneck etc, just a few grams at 30 or 40 feet makes an enourmous difference!
Ditto with poles, get that combination right and the difference on your body is staggering.

The cheapo Aluminium pole from Unger is a very light pole (many disadvantages over others, but it is lighter than most) and I've done a particular job with this pole at 35ft and the Fogwill Salmon brush attached.
Bloody hard work and it's also a good job I'm physically a strong man because some of the windows (not possible off ladders) needed a lot a strength to clean.

Done this week with the Gardiners Supalite pole and Supalite brush....what a difference!!

One of the biggest differences is the weight at the business end, the brush, jets, gooseneck are all as light as you can currently get them...huge difference...

I've seen some of the various goosenecks and the methods used to attach whatever brush was being demonstrated up at the NEC.
Some wonderfully solid bits of engineering were on display...but that all means heavy!!!!!
Not in your hand of course, but by god, up at 30 or 40 feet and extended over a roof of some description you are really going to know about it!

Another thing to consider about an ultra light brush is the fact that as well as considerably less strain on you the user, there is also less strain on the gooseneck and pole, meaning of course that they don't need to be so solidly robust.
I don't know if Gardiners have started pushing this area in the advertising, but I'll bet that if their system isn't the lightest on the market, then it ain't far off!

God, look at the time...7am! I'm late for work :o

Ciao for now,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

H h20

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 07:23:27 am »
so....what does it mean when someone say a brush is a mono-filament....! I don't understand  ???

Steve,
monofilament bristles are when they have been kept in a single tipped form ie (mono).
flocked bristles are when they have been split tipped to soften them
here`s pics
1st pic monfilament
2nd flocked

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 08:13:16 am »
Jeff...sorry to jump on this post but you are just the man I need to ask.

I have just installed a pump in my van..100psi shurflo...6 amps.
I had to extend the wiring to the leisure battery and switch and I used the orange cable you find on outdoor electrical equipment lke hedge cutters. The wiring has a lad of 10 amps. Is this ok to run the pump with?

Thanks
If its a 10amp rated cable then it should be fine to use, If it was running all day with out stopping then I would suggest the 15amp cable, if you ever get worried just feel the cable at 10amps and a long use it should be just warm to the touch and not hot, if it is hot then upgrade to 15amps.
Hope this helps.

john tomkins

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 09:13:41 am »
how much do they cost are like the bentlys or very different john
I get them from the co-op, monofilimant, think it was about £4 white and black bristles.

steve k

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:02 am »
thanks ;)

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 11:40:30 am »
Thanks Gaz, now I get it!