Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clean supreme

Unger beats Ionic at there own game
« on: March 15, 2007, 08:09:08 pm »
Been to the show and it was great to see the Unger CarbonTec pole win the innovation award. Up against the new Ionics pole (even though Ionics cheated by hiring a couple of birds in next to nothing, with the aim of luring people in to vote for them and failed) - Do Ionics think window cleaners are that stupid? They must be fuming (and out of pocket)! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Andy@w.c.s

Re: Unger beats Ionic at there own game
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 08:20:53 pm »
The Girls maybe out of pocket aswell
they said they were on a bonus if ionics won
still the eye candy was good ;)

pure_genius

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:35:12 am »
I think it turned out that Unger had the deepest pockets  ;)

Paul Edwards

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:09:48 pm »
I think your right genius. I know I voted for ionic and I saw loads of other people follow those bobby dazzlers to the voting stand as well. Besides did anyone look at the video or the folders on the ionic stand comparing their poles to the unger, facelift, Brodex (very floppy  :)) and tucker (very very very floppy  ;D)
The ionic pole was easily the best, and beleive it or not cheaper than the unger pole too (and you don't need a big grey golfbag to carry it around, lol)
**aka Ionic Systems**

*foxman

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 05:57:55 pm »
I think your right genius. I know I voted for ionic and I saw loads of other people follow those bobby dazzlers to the voting stand as well. Besides did anyone look at the video or the folders on the ionic stand comparing their poles to the Unger, facelift, Brodex (very floppy  :)) and tucker (very very very floppy  ;D)
The ionic pole was easily the best, and beleive it or not cheaper than the unger pole too (and you don't need a big grey golfbag to carry it around, lol)

Paul, as you work for Ionics (directly or indirectly, every post pimping something made by them) you would say that!

Are you suggesting Unger bribed thier way to get the award? Surely the only company that can be accused of trying to buy the innovation award is Ionics with the dolly birds!!

Ionics failed to win the innovation award as there was NO INNOVATION with the E2 pole, simple as that. It’s just another telescopic pole to go along with the dozens that already exist on the market, big deal.

Don’t get me wrong I like Ionics products they look great and they are always pushing the envelope trying new things. But I don’t get why they spending thousands on image and marketing and then try to slur the competition which ends up cheapening their hard work.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 06:44:44 pm »
"Unger beats Ionic at their own game"

Only if the game is making overpriced poor quality rubbish. ::)
Unger's never beaten anyone for quality.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:05:03 pm »
 ;D are you say that but,

4 springs duck tecnik ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

James Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 01:57:18 pm »
"Unger beats Ionic at their own game"

Only if the game is making overpriced poor quality rubbish. ::)
Unger's never beaten anyone for quality.
Hey Squeaks, I like your style, always speaking your mind & from what I can tell you have no vested interests  :)

I'm a new wc just starting out here in dublin & I was under the impression unger was the best for trad gear, am I wrong? What do you use?

Cheers

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 02:33:38 pm »
Ettore and Pulex cover most of my gear.

I have Unger gloves though, but they're hardly ever used.

matt

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 03:16:08 pm »
i use unger bucket on a belt, pouch and aplicator and sqeegee

all have last me 4 years now ( well the rubber hasnt, thats only 18 months   :P )

i have a unger 3 X 2M pole, thats 7 years old now, ok ive changed the cones a few times and the thinnest pole has worn and snapped , but they, 7 years is good going

i like unger, i like the green colour, and its a honest product

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 03:49:49 pm »
Yup, I use Unger for my trad stuff (but Pulex rubber) and used their teleplus cheapo but heavy pole for wfp but have now relegated that to inside trad pole stuff. (Oh and I'm making a baked on bird-poo removing pad to go on it too!)
It's a game of three halves!

James Smith

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 09:17:43 pm »
Much appreciated for the replies lads, I'll give the pulex rubbers a shot & check out the ettore gear.

P®oPole™

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 10:54:25 am »

Unger and pulex all the way ;)

* mike RH

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 11:09:40 pm »
With the unger pole I like the idea that if one section breaks or wears out you don't have to replace the whole pole.

Is it really easier to put up as the video claims? Does it take longer than a telescopic pole?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 01:41:01 pm »
James and Mike I can drop my  modular pole and use it, faster than any telescopic from 60ft out there (see you at the fed show). Assembly compared to an Unger is also a lot faster. But (as an Unger user of 35+ years)  it aint an Unger and Unger(sadly) have got it wrong.

*foxman

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 05:58:26 pm »
If you using the fishing pole from what i've seen it takes longer to erect than the Unger and a lot more hassle. Also, assembling a pole on the ground and swinging it into the air is not a safe way to work at all (hitting power cables, etc), besides limiting where the pole can be used properly.

The fishing pole is not a professional piece of equipment - it wouldn't last 5 minutes with the larger companies who employ a few guys, they snap too easily (some users have had them snap with the brush head falling on parked cars). It's simple to have super light poles - just skimp on the carbon, but you'll be continually paying out for replacement parts. Stay clear.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 08:34:01 pm »
 ;Das for rubbers its pulex all the way, they are tops,but put these rubbers under extreme pressure
as I do at speed,I have not found one rubber in the world that will let me do what I want on the glass,at the speed I want to go,things happen at speed :-\ they start to brake on me like a car trying to stop :-\
I want and need a window rubber to let me go as fast as I want without it braking or trying to flip :-\

I challange all the makers to do this,I am the driver,give me the racing car ;D

but pulex are on the money for most wc ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Chris A

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 08:55:05 pm »
The Unger carbon tec is the best pole around at the moment withought exception , it's not the lightest but that doesn't bother me, a few ounces here and there are not a big problem. Mines a year old now and is still good as new,no signs of wear and tear apart from the O rings that cost about 50p for 10. Wafting a 60' fishing pole sidewards to get it up  is not practicle at all and a fishing pole was designed for catching roach not cleaning windows. You can get the Unger pole to full height in a tight corner and down again without botthering next door but 3.  

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 10:32:12 pm »
See you at Blackpool then and we can swop info.