Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnm

fibre glass instead of protectacote
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:16:36 pm »
has anyone done this what is the results does it leave a constant smell

Ian_Giles

Re: fibre glass instead of protectacote
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:08:08 am »
I've used this method, a kit supplied by Peter Fogwill.

Abovery *friendly* personely the business ;)

Far harder wearing than Protectakote, quite easy to put down, but oh boy...the stink!
The smell hangs around for a week or two, but after a while it disappears completely.
It's really messy stuff to apply, but it only cost me £100 to do the floor of my Primastar van.

We all know that Speedliner is the top of the range, buts it's darn expensive, and isn't really one for DIY.

If the gear in your van is mostly fixed in place then go for Protectakote, but if your hose reel clatters about, or you like to throw it in and out of your van, and if you have trolleys that you drag in and out and so on, then Fibreglass (or speedliner if you can afford it) is a better option.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

EasyClean

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:22 pm »
I bought a refrigerated van (minus the refrigeration) because the entire van is internally fibreglassed which is ideal for WFP work!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

JM123

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 11:44:55 pm »
having no extensive experience with the fibreglass flooring I can't say if I'd recommend it or not - either way you need to protect the floor of your van, we've always used protectacote mostly due to cost but also it is very hard wearing (we apply 4 or 5 coats) plus you can patch up any chips in it.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:24:31 am »
I can't see the advantage?