Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Air in the system??
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:14:03 am »
Hi All
I have had my first week wfp now and I seem to have a problem.
When I swith the flo controller on the pump kicks in as expected but no water is either sucked out the tank or pushed round the hose unless I remove the hose lock connector on the hose reel, at which point I hear the air escaping and the water coming through???? Any ideas how I can prevent this???
All connectors from the tank to the pump are very tight but this happens every time I switch the flo controller/pump on??

pylofm

Re: Air in the system??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:30:51 am »
Hi, when I first started I had the same....which drove me mad...however whilst re-jigging the van I moved the pump to floor level and since then I have no longer had the problem...I am not saying this is the cure to your issue but try it and see ;D ;D

Cheers
Dave.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:13:13 am »
At the minute my pump is just above the wheel arch so I could move it lower by about 5 inches??

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 08:48:26 am »
or I can fix it so it is laid flat on the van floor???

ac_cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:47 am »
Before fixing it to floor or lower down make sure that cures that is the  problem saves time moving pump about.
al

Davew

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:10:26 am »
I'm having similar problems though not too bad. I'm going to put a non return Hozelock valve on my pipe end where I connect to the reel. I reckon air enters the system when I disconnect the reel to move my van probably finding its way back to my di vessel too. Failing that I think I need to come up with a way to bleed the system with a 't' piece and another tap.

dai

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 09:56:17 pm »
I find that the easiest way to get it flowing again is to put a male male connector into the female, one and put my finger over it for a few seconds. Take my finger off and the water comes through. the male connectors screw together and can be used to join hoses with female connectors. DAI