Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

russ_clark

RO / Booster Pump vibration ?
« on: March 14, 2007, 08:49:15 pm »
My RO / Booster Pump has started to vibrate quite a lot in the last couple of days. It appears to be coming from the main pipe coming out of the booster pump?.It is is a pro 300 gpd system which had all new filters about 4 months ago.I do have it running 24/7 and the output still seems about the same.
Is there any of you tech guys that could give me some advice what this could be??

russ_clark

Re: RO / Booster Pump vibration ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:44:04 am »
any help / advice really would be appreciated

ac_cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:48:04 am »
Check there is no air getting into system as this would cause the pump to vibrate.
al

ac_cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 07:52:55 am »
Sorry disconnect pipe after the booster pump while system and pump is still running,let water flow for a few seconds then reconnect and see if that solves it.
al

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 08:01:18 am »
Hi Russ (again!)

It is well worth looking into the possibility of an air leak either pre or post the pump.

Which booster pump are you using?  If it is a standard RO booster pump then running it 24/7 for the last few months may well have worn the pump slightly.  These pumps are actually designed for intermittent use on domestic RO systems and running them continuously puts excessive strain on the bearings.

russ_clark

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:23 am »
Booster pump is an Aquatec CDP8800
came on the pro300 r/0 purchased from omnipole
Is this not capable of running 24/7 ??

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 02:06:17 pm »
I have heard of a lot of problems with RO booster pumps that are used in excess of 4 hours at a time every day. I do not know whether this pump is rated for continuous or not. Best to check with Omnipole I'm sure they will know and be able to sort it for you.

Alex