Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DavidX

[Sunshine] white water marks
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:54:39 pm »
Hi everyone

I have start using wfp backpack around october.

I love it

but now the sun is out and the weather is now getting warmer this week. I had two phone call saying it got white water marks on their windows.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

All my customer are happy with me using wfp and told me to carry on cleaning with wfp so I can't be doing it wrong before it started to get warmer this week.

Can anyone give me a tip how to avoid this again.

David

MNWC

Re: [Sunshine] white water marks
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 02:34:13 pm »
Have you checked the tds

If thats ok it must be your technique

always frames pay attention to top one

then scrubb glass then rinse and rinse well

Marcus

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 05:27:08 pm »
I've heard that adding a bit of dishwasher rinse aid can help. Not something that I've tested myself though!

Helen

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:28:42 pm »
Have up gone back to these ones an had a look? Dripping guttters can leave calcium build up (nothing to do with WFP) you'll know the difference when you see it!  Other than that, yes if your TDS is ok then check what you are doing. Each clean is not always the same technique, even on the same house. Remember the different types of weather you get will leave different dirt to get off! ;)

dai

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 08:36:23 pm »
Some PVC, and powder coated aluminium patio doors will do this. The problem is sunlight breaking down the plastic, causing it to chalk like the old white painted windows. I had one yesterday. They are always on the south facing doors/windows.
Scrub the top of the frame really well, and you may get away with it.
This could be a big problem as PVC starts aging. Dai

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 09:06:17 pm »
Just rinse the frame the moment you've scrubbed it. Don't do a few and then come back to rinse, the sun starts to dry straight away, use more water.

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14:46 am »
I too have been 'suffering' of late with white water marks...I now am a little more 'anal' about keeping the brush head clean & washed regulary...also I do not leave the windows for too long now....without flushing....I also give each window an additional flush as well...this may well be a little overboard but have suffered a confidence problem of late with wfp (me using it that is) ;). My flow rate is set at aprox 1.4 lpm which seems to be doing the trick.

Is anyone else having problems?, it would be good to hear from you ;D

Cheers
Dave.

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:08:55 am »
When the sun is out and on the windows, i rinse as soon as i have washed the window.
Works ok for me and only had 1 complaint.
Going back to look at the complaint i found it was marks on the inside of the window where the customer had tried to clean them.
Charged them 50% of their cleaning price for time wasted.

Craig