Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bazooka

wet weather work
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:43:54 pm »
any body got any sugestion about wet weather werk for the winter. thought about carpet cleaning, but how difficult is it to get the werk, and are the returns any good or is it hit and miss with the werk. any sugestion would be great thanks. :-\

dougster

Re: wet weather work
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:24:42 pm »
you will definetly need a back up plan for the wet weather as we seem to get lots of rain, here in this country. I offer cleaning conservatorys and upvc, gutters and driveways and decking.
all these jobs i save for the wet weather.

borg

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:55:46 pm »
any body got any sugestion about wet weather werk for the winter. thought about carpet cleaning, but how difficult is it to get the werk, and are the returns any good or is it hit and miss with the werk. any sugestion would be great thanks. :-\
thats what i do in the winter and whenever its good money carpet cleaning mine is all word of mouth mind u i need 2 advertise that i do carpet cleaning.

tony27

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 11:21:11 pm »
windows still get dirty even if its raining dont they.
customers need to understand that people still work when its wet.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 09:28:47 am »
do you have a wfp?

you can work in the wet  ;)

i slap my water proofs on and the customers can like it! one said the other day, coorrrr dear you wouldnt find me working in this weather, and i said, well the bills still need to be paid whatever the weather, and she replied, yes i suppose so  :)

captain lard

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:11:01 pm »
do you have a wfp?

you can work in the wet  ;)

How does wfp help?
Sorry if thats a numb question but I am currently trad and considering a wfp backpack option and tend not to clean if its wet conditions which is not good for my interests so wondered what the thinking is.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 09:17:03 pm »
well you are putting pure water onto the windows and leaving them wet after cleaning.... so no need to battle against raindrops , trying to dry them off and looking for streaks...., is rain pure water ?   you may ask.... i will let the big experienced guys answer that  ;)

captain lard

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »
So from experience of cleaning in the rain with wfp the windows come out fine despite the rain?

I am having a major think about what to do, its a choice between trying to expand the window cleaning and vastly improve my round and prices and to do that and get an edge i am thinking of getting a backpack so i can get to windows other trad cleaners cant get to and be a bit safer into the deal.
Me worry though is bad/wet weather over the winter so much so that I am thinking of getting into taxis but its a big set up cost and unsociable hours.

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 04:42:52 pm »
I save some gutters and conservatories for wet weather work also i have a list of customers i can ring when its raining hard to go and clean the insides.

Light rain just carry on.

Paul

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 01:02:06 pm »
cleaned windows in the rain for the last 25 years never bothered me

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 06:18:48 pm »
i agree with geff, just get on with it, the rain wont hurt you, there is no difference from it raining when your cleaning it, to raining 5mins later

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 12:16:20 am »
I've been a trad shiner for 30yrs and I've worked in the rain when I've needed to, though not torrential rain.
I've found Alex's last argument quite useful in educating my customers to expect that if I need to work in the rain then it's not unreasonable.
However, I've never forced the issue as I know some do. I just tell them I'll see them next month and move on to the next customer. Some don't like it when I don't go back and do them the following day and I've lost a handful of customers over it. However as LWC pointed out, the bills don't stop comming in when it rains, so why should we stop working if we need to.
I'd imagine using the 'wfp' method will help in this regard for reasons already mentioned in this thead.

Anyways, best regards all,

Mark