Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Its Just Balls
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:50:57 pm »
I thought that would get your attention   ;D ;D ;D

Been wfp for a couple of months now, but one thing I haven't got the hang of yet, and that is those little cob-web balls, right in the corners of every window.

Have any of you guys got any tips on how to get rid of them quickly?

when I was trad I used to Just flick them out with my fingers, but now my arms are not 12' long, so I have the problem of getting rid of them, seems to take forever, to try and flick them out with the brush. any idea's please guy's

Davew

Re: Its Just Balls
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:02:37 pm »
Yes I struggle a bit but with my Vikan sill brush they eventually give way.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:18:55 pm »
One of the downsides of WFP, especially for the higher windows where you can't even see the little buggers.

Even when you are up a set of ladders they can be a right pain to get off, we have one estate and every window on one side of the street is covered with them throughout the summer.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:13:42 pm »
push the bristles flat against the glass then jab the bristles into the corner, works for me.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:19:43 pm »
As JM123 said but - this is sad - although I am fully wfp on up and down windows I still carry a little, round, stiff bristle brush, the ones to clean cars out with and often wiz round the window prior to wfp'ing. That gets rid of the little balls and saves a lot of futile messing about!
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 09:29:33 pm »
Thanks Guy's, most of my work is in the country villages and I think we breed them here, then we send them off to you ;D ;D

JohnL The little brush is a good idea for downstairs, how do you manage upstairs???

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 11:36:47 pm »
Cant see the balls if they are that far away Jeff   ;D
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:46:35 pm »
I just scrub the corner of the window where the little cobweb ball thingy is from side to side and up and down... They normally come off with not too much fuss.

Andy