Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stone

Pricing for work using WFP
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:02:20 pm »
I have been getting a lot of enquiries with regards to cleaning windows of small apartment blocks and flats and was thinking of purchasing a wfp system.  How do you price up job using this system?  Thanks Paul

Chris Cottrell

Re: Pricing for work using WFP
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:11:57 pm »
Same as you would for Trad surely why would you even consider pricing it any differently

Your choice of method should benefit you in terms of increased earnings not the customer in terms of a saving

Chris

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:36:21 pm »
I have been getting a lot of enquiries with regards to cleaning windows of small apartment blocks and flats and was thinking of purchasing a wfp system.  How do you price up job using this system?  Thanks Paul

Not wishing to hijack - but how have you been getting the enquiries, Paul?
It's a game of three halves!

williamx

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 08:17:36 pm »
Same as you would for Trad surely why would you even consider pricing it any differently

Your choice of method should benefit you in terms of increased earnings not the customer in terms of a saving

Chris

This is true, but with more window cleaners using wfp, the price of contracts will come down because of the increased competition.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:26:14 pm »

Chris

This is true, but with more window cleaners using wfp, the price of contracts will come down because of the increased competition.

Only for commercial I think not for domestic

williamx

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:44:34 pm »
I think it will depend on what type of domestic is involved, for terrace houses- small semi's and small detached and council type estates this may be true, but for larger properties, I can see prices dropping.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 09:54:46 pm »
I find that for owners of larger domestic its more about the cleaner than the price , I have a few larger domestics that have had others on the doorstep offering services all of which have not been sucsesful
.. thankfully

seems everyone new to the game wants to go for the ones that appear loaded financially

Chris

pylofm

Re: Pricing for work using WFP New
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 10:07:08 pm »
I am finding that here in Holland there are many Turkish, Polish doing window cleaning....but the reaction is that of Distrust....

Only last week a documentray program was shown about window cleaning gangs....and the hold they have over area's and those who want their windows cleaned....

I find that I am pricing higher than a company that operates in some of the area's that I work and am finding that as the other company employs Turks/Poles...Many customers are opting for me for the following reasons:

I clean on scheduled days.

I take bank payments.

I am not Turkish/Polish or other

Now I do not wish to create/start any racist comments...these are just facts that I find along the way...I am no better or worse than anyone else...but window cleaners it would appear are chosen on more than just price.

Cheers
Dave.