Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Urine & feces stains
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:44:31 pm »
Hi all, got two seperate jobs on next week both with human urine & feces stains. (Lucky me  :-\)
Both oldies or had oldies staying with them and burst/dropped colostomy bag.

Anyone give me some tips on how to best treat these. Not sure how long the stains have been there. But haven't told clients they will come out.

murky

Re: Urine & feces stains
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:55:57 pm »
As far as I know.Technically because its faeces the carpet has to go. If it was an Insurance job it cant stay in the property and they would insist it has to go because you cant guarantee 100% removal.

Some one will contradict me but that is what I remember from the BDMA course I did.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 02:23:34 pm »
Hi Paul

If the accidents are purely from dropped or burst colostomy bags, then there will not be any urine present.  This would mean that any initial penetration will probably be surface only and, not being a free running liquid, will not have penetrated the backing. This should make sanitising much easier.

If Sir/Madam has gone to work at it  themselves, they may have created a yellow/orange stain. This is probably permanent chemical damage.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 04:03:28 pm »
Murky,

If that was the case then the residential homes we do would have to replace several carpets every week? ::)

In reality we clean them, and since they have been stainguarded regularly the stains do come off and everyones happy ;)

regards
steve

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 04:50:08 pm »
PPE springs to mind plus the shots have a word with your quack on this.

Handy tool! The water claw, not that good on carpet tiles.

Charge accordingly no guarantees stains

Most accidents/incidents are a lot younger or animals

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carpetguy

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »
It's my understanding, that certain enzymatic products will clean this type of soiling completely, including odour

Fred Gullan

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 05:17:21 pm »
Try this stuff , micro clean from cleansmart, you can soak the area with it so that it goes as far down as the soil and leave it to do its work.

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Carpet_Upholstery_Deodoriser.html

Regards

Fred

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:25:09 pm »
Hi Guys,

Enzyme products are the best way to go and will be effective on faeces in particular which will contain blood.

Any residual brown staining can sometimes be removed with rust eraser.

It is important to give these products time to work and to very thoroughly rinse to remove residual enzyme, which can be an asthma sensitiser.

Cheers

Doug

*paul_moss

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Paul Simpson

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 06:55:13 pm »
Thanks for the replies one and all. First one is tomorrow morning so havn't got time to get anything new in. Will try the enzyme digester and rust remover for the browning and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again