Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: two batteries???
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 11:13:36 pm »
What a bummer, won't the guy reconise you? you could take it back to him and ask him to do a test on it for you, just tell him you only bought it from him a few weeks ago.

because there should be a warranty with your battery they should have it on computer. give it a try, £100 is a lot to throw away, its no skin of his nose it won't cost him a penny.

Tip  ;D Always keep your reciepts

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 11:15:49 pm »
is a leisure battery a better option then ?

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 10:55:27 am »
Most Defiantly
They are made for deep cycling,and this is what we do to batteries.

WavieDavie

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 11:08:46 am »
yes it is getting hot , the battery is only a few weeks old  though and cost me £100 and i dont have the reciept anymore?

shawn

If you don't have the receipt, how can you claim it through the business as a legitimate expense?

As jeff1 said - ALWAYS keep receipts. Both for the business and personal, and you need to keep them for the current tax year plus the six previous along with your books. Like it or not, you have to prove all income and expenditure if you're self-employed.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 11:15:59 am »
Shawn, how come you have such a system?
You seem to be very different to everyone else, do you take a tank of unpurified water with you and process it as you use it?

Most of us will have pure water in out tank, then up to two poles can be powered off a single battery.

I'd be interested to know why you have such a different system to everyone else!

And yes! Leisure batteries all the way, car batteries are not designed for constant draw...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:47 pm »
hi mate

i have a 4040 ro / 20 inch pre filters and a di , all in the van and i process the water from the tap into the van tank , then up the pole .

the pump is to boost water production but its crap as i only get about 2ltrs a minute ..

shawn

Ian_Giles

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 03:56:54 pm »
Wouldn't you be far better to connect your household water supply direct to your R/O and fill your holding tank with pure water?
It would only take a a few hours to fill up a 1000l IBC tank, particularly with a 4040 R/) system.
This way you do not have to worry about putting such high demand on your batteries, in particular for the water production side of things.
And a decent leisure battery would supply all your demands for up to 2 poles at a time then.

Or is there a reason why you cannot do it this way (or from a static tank via a transfer pump in your garden or garage)?

Your method seems an extraordinarily difficult way of going about things.

Ian

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 04:44:56 pm »
hi mate

i have no garden and no parking at my place as the nearest space is 300 yards away.
and also no outside tap.

so i have a vehicle based ro so as to fill up on site

shawn

Ian_Giles

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 04:53:10 pm »
Ah, all becomes clear now....I thought there had to be a very good reason for you having to do things the way you have....

Ian