Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

Such a chore collecting
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:13:39 am »
Does anyone else have the problem of returning to collect money in the evening or w/end to find no one in?  >:( How many times do you try calling back before thinking they can pay double next time. 
I do leave stamped addressed envelopes with some but I am thinking of doing a lot more and see if they send it on.

Steve

Andy@w.c.s

Re: Such a chore collecting
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 10:21:59 am »
Steve
we leave stamped addressed envelopes and a bill on every one that is not in
and with all but a few get payment within the month
But this can sometimes run at £1500 over  per month, just make sure you have printed on your bill  prompt payment keeps my prices down
it makes them think and leaves it open for you to up the price if they are always late paying ;)
Andy

russ_clark

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:53:55 am »
Andy is spot on
its an addressed envelope left for all those that are out.
Have not collected for over 2 years and never will again!!
Its a complete pain in the arsenal !

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:33:30 pm »
Cheers guys. Envelopes it will be I think.  ;D

Steve

Dick

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:07:23 pm »
As from Jan. I decided collecting was a pain, so for customers who are never at home when cleaning I leave a letter explaining the extra cost to collect, inconvienience etc. and rather that a possible price increase can they leave payment in a safe/secure place which I suggest and that I'll collect the next day as I'm still in the area. This works in some cases but will take a bit of time to train them. |For the persistant offenders it's either a price increase or drop them.
I don't bother with a stamped envelope, just an addressed envelope.
Have thought about PayPal but don't know the pitfalls if any or the cost, anyone know that.
Cheers

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 05:33:08 pm »
Make sure you rewrite the bill to say 'send it in the envelope provided'. People really will wonder what the envelope is for as there are more thick people than you would imagine. I didn't at first and people asked why I hadn't collected and what's the envelope for? Duh.

Majestic

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:06:30 am »
I used to hate collecting , if you added up all the time you spent out collecting , then converted it to how ever much you charge  per hour that  can  work out at  another couple of weeks money per year  you have lost .
Going out collecting to me now  is like cleaning a couple of every customers windows for nothing , you charge your customer to clean there windows not to run around after payment .

pylofm

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 08:21:14 am »
I have been very lucky since I have started...the vast majority of my customers use bank transfer....most like this service and even comment on the fact they do not like someone calling for the money...

Here in Holland we have the 'chip and pin' system as in the U.K, it is used by the majority of people as I suspect it will in time in the U.K, most bank accounts have internet banking attatched to them an as such use is widespead...So for me as a newbie I have never collected and will never do so...

I know that collecting for some is the only way at the present but not collecting is great...I would just see it as another boring part of the job which causes me inconvience and money.

Cheers
Dave.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 08:31:01 am »
Envelopes work better if you put a stamp on them but some idiots send cash and its so obvious when you have five pound coins in an envelope. Chances are the letter will disappear in the post and never reach you.

The other problem is that you get a lot of small cheques and the Banks don't like it if you keep paying them into a personal account. They say you should have a business account but then they charge you for every cheque you pay in.

Biscute

Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

russ_clark

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 08:51:08 am »
Vince you are correct - re the number of small priced cheques.
The way I do it is first clean I leave a card with it stamped on the back
'Your Windows Were Cleaned Today'
The next clean the same but with an additional bit stamped on the back
'Cheques Payable to :- xxx'
47 High Road
xxx
Essex
abc123 

And attach this one to an addressed envelope
(I use the vistaprint stickers for this)

This cuts down on bank charges etc. As long as you are happy to wait for the payment.

I am looking to draft up a Payment Terms & Conditions Letter
for the ones who are always a little later than most.
We have all got them but they all pay up in the end ;D ;D