Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaning co

what brush
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:20:17 am »
hi, what brush would u recmoned for cleaning a con roof with lots green moss etc    this is to go on end water fed pole, also can anyone recom a chem do make this job easy !!!
cheers gary
p.s whats the cheapest water fed poles about

S_RICHARDSON

Re: what brush
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:33:16 am »
I don't know which brush to use but im guessing you need a stiff brush!

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:40:06 am »
I've got an old Ionics brush that I use for badly soiled con roofs but I finish up with a softer Vikan brush. Ionics brush are quite hard bristled so are much better for scrubbing than Vikan. Get an extendable pole and put a 6' scrapper on it. This will shift the majority of the moss.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:17:41 pm »
Beware of using monofilament brushes,(fine for glass) they will scratch polycarbonate roof panels as if you had put a scourer on them, ps. The installers often put some of the panels the wrong way up, it makes a difference when 2 years later it wont come clean.

007 or what

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:06:28 pm »
you talking from experiance?

ray l

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 02:38:09 pm »
dont know if it works every time but i got away once with connecting wfp to outside tap , which got all the green off them hooked up to van for a polish clean.

ray

cleaning co

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 03:50:48 pm »
do u guys not use any chems/detergent ?

P®oPole™

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 04:12:48 pm »
do u guys not use any chems/detergent ?

TFR mate, I will only use it on rare occasions, the roof has to be in a real mess to warrant that kind of treatment plus the money has to be right aswell ;)

Done a roof today Jeff, it had the panels the wrong way up second time I have done it. I think its great, needs cleaning every 3months at least,  ;D ;D ;D

ProPole

ProPole

cleaning co

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 04:25:22 pm »
so what are the cheapest water fed poles then ?

P®oPole™

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 04:30:33 pm »
You can get them for about £80 mate, but if the roof is glass your gonna need pure water. I notice your a c/c your best option mite be to just to jet the thing, depending on what the roof is made out of and if you have accsess to pure water or not.

Or you can get them car/truck/caravan wfp's from halfords and alike, about 8ft I think and around £20, you mite get away with that.

ProPole

neil100

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 05:34:17 pm »
I did a Con roof yesterday and one today and I used a new brush.

Absoultley Fantastic. I could not belive how good it is. Been back today to have a look at the one I did yesterday. Brilliant, the customers are over the moon.

I will post a pic below, I came across it by accident, I have thought about useing on glass for normall wfp but have not tried it yet, But for con roofs it blows everything else out of the water. I used to use the normal 10" vikan, not anymore.

Its a vikan brush with very short bristles, I think it a floor brush normally so the bristles are a bit stiffer, but it shreds moss and lichen before your eyes.

Heres the pic, Nel

simbag

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 03:45:19 pm »
Nel,

Can you tell me where you can get this brush please? Thanks

Simon

simbag

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 08:44:40 pm »
Does anyone know where to get this brush, or one like it? I'm looking for a good one to hopefully get rid of lichen on conservatory roofs. Thanks