Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff68

leaflet drop...
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:23:29 pm »
Hi all.Is it a good time now to do a big leaflet drop?I was always told to wait till spring as the weather is more predictable.Any advice would be much appreciated thanx.

pylofm

Re: leaflet drop...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 07:21:39 am »
Hi Jeff...Apart from the crimbo period I am trying to get as many leaflets out throughout the year....have been out last week and shall now continue until next crimbo.

What I am finding is that alot (numbers unknown) put the card away even if they have a w/c just in case they get let down....as it appears most people distrust w/c's as in the custys words..."they did the windows and never came back"

So in answer to your question every day is a chance of a new customer....I do not do canvassing so I leaflet as much as possible, however somedays it is easier to get out there than others....Another way I find to spark myself up is to get on my bicycle and head out into the country to find those....big posh gaff's....plus it gives my some time to think or just bimble along and think about nothing ;D

Cheers
Dave.

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 07:27:58 am »
Yes I would go along with that as well. The best way to do leaflets is to set yourself a weekly target then bash away week after week.
What Pylofm said is correct. They do save the leaflets and sometimes phone you months, or even years later.

jeff68

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 09:21:23 am »
Thanx for the advice,will be out on me bike this week!!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 09:23:00 am »
Yes I would go along with that as well. The best way to do leaflets is to set yourself a weekly target then bash away week after week.
What Pylofm said is correct. They do save the leaflets and sometimes phone you months, or even years later.

My record for this was about fouyr years after I dropped them.  Never expected to hear anything from that area.

marc al

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 05:16:39 pm »
   Always leaflet an area several times with a gap of 2 -3 weeks in between drops. This will get the ones who were going to ring but forgot.

I think this is the best time of year for getting new work, I picked up over 100/month last month and I dont look for work anymore, these were from phone calls and people seeing me working.

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 06:09:07 pm »
Marc did you mean you picked up a 100 customers in Jan?

Sorry to sound thick

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 06:10:13 pm »
I hope he meant £100 per month ;)

windolene

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 06:26:10 pm »
Hi,

Make sure that you follow up your leaflet drop with a knock on the door a week later. I have just done this & picked up a £60.00 domestic clean for this Wednesday. whithout the knock on the door the house holder would have never phoned me. House holders get so much put throught their letter boxes but not many people knocking in person. Be turned out well.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

marc al

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 06:56:52 pm »
  100 pound per month, the pound sign isnt working on my pc for some reason

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 10:06:45 pm »
Get a cheap map, and use a yellow marker for the streets you have already canvassed...that way you know what you've done and not. Second time use a different colour.

slendersunfish

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 08:39:10 pm »
Ive found leaflet drops are best on clear weekend mornings after a dull spell.

I imagine the house holders waking up and "getting things done " and theres the leaflet on thier door step with thier dirty windows looking worse in the low morning light.

Ill average 1 customer per 100 leaflets.