Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pj

Does anyone go on an American W/C forum?
« on: February 03, 2007, 11:27:33 pm »
I am amazed, to read of guys from USA and Australia on this forum.

I know we speak roughly the same language, but so much cultural differences must make it so hard.

I don't think I would benefit to much from going on a US or Aussie forum!  Even though I might browse their interweb site scenes

Pat Purcell

Re: Does anyone go on an American W/C forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:06:13 am »
Pj, i am living in the US and have been on a few US forums, they are not quite as informal as the UK ones as its mostly replying by email to a given subject,
I started reading the UK sites about a year ago as I plan a move back to Ireland in the coming year and Intend to set up over there, i have found the UK forums very informatitive and helpful, and while never really intending to post but just read I asked a few questions and then answered a few and so on
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

C.F.P

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:54:04 pm »
The US forums do not have quite as nice community feel as this forum does.

And for all the things I can't understand well, I'll learn  ;)

p.s. we surely do not have a hot window cleaning calender!
To be or not to be... what was the question again?

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:11:58 pm »
America's Bigger. As to cultural differences I've read (Texas girl) that they have more inside cleans and not everyone has outside cleans whereas in the UK everyone has a window cleaner.So I believe that window cleaning is a bigger part of our national phscey than it is theirs.

Pat put that American post up, and I found it interesting because Americans are supposed to be good at marketing and are more direct and aggresive than we are.The other guy posting above was the author. But when we got down to it all that was said was that I should make my phone number bigger.

C.F.P

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 03:11:59 pm »
Curious- I am sorry, my post from the US was geared toward business thinking, not helping people market themselves. Just to stimulate thought.

I am not here to help your leaflet or anything else. I am no hired gun.

However I will post my view on some marketing...

C.F.P

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 03:56:13 pm »
p.s. aggressive marketing does not sell, accurate marketing sells.

outrageous does not work well for our business

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 04:10:01 pm »
That's definitely more like it cfp- Paul-. Good for you. I have read your customer retention post (churn is the business term we use here and often affects power, phone and internet suppliers).

You have added a new perspective for me in what you say about emotions, and there you go, i have learned something. I knew that if I kept at you long enought your  true aggressive and outrageous self would emerge.

What's American for hook line and sinker?

Hired gun? ;D ;D ;DHong kong phooey! ;D

C.F.P

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 04:14:08 pm »
If I am being outrageous or aggressive, you are a tame bunch. ;)

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 05:09:08 pm »
It didn't escape my notice that it was labelled part one.So I look forward to your closer. I haven't posted on it because I didn't want to clutter it with silly assinine comments and I am interested in the responces that you will draw. There are differences in how we appoach things, but it's possible we are selling a different product to you.

The best leaflet I have seen belongs to a man on here. It is a photo of him with wfp standing against his sign written van(in other words a lot of the information is in the photo). Over it it says We clean windows . That's three, count them, three words. At the bottom is some other information including that he will call in a day or two to see if his services are required.

The best leaflet without a photo, and I've seen a few, takes a different approach and was written by me. I have to admitt that our approach is normaly to list the benefits. Your appeal to emotions is new.(maybe I use pride a little).

C.F.P

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 08:37:32 pm »
Sorry Curious, I did not see your reply.

As to what leaflet you liked the best...doesn't matter unless you are your customer.

A lot of us do not look at what we do through the customers eyes. We look at it as window cleaning, when really we are problem solvers.

The one you mentioned is ok at best and would flounder here. I will agree that simple sells, but I don't know about that one. I guess we are so much more aggressive and need to be.

There is no doubt there are big differences between our 2 worlds.