Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zeusjazmin

working at height
« on: February 04, 2007, 08:57:42 am »
most of you are probably wiser than me and will know the situation,but for a little bit more info i will tell you of my situation.
last year iwon a few contracts with a big company,some of the work was second floor,and by that i mean ground,first and second.
company had no problem with me using ladders,this week i received all the paper work to re-tender for the jobs and it states clearly that for second floor work ladders cannot now be used.

trevor perry

Re: working at height
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:40:42 am »
 the height you are legal to use a ladder so long as it is secured is 6 metres but having said that if the company in question dont want you using ladders then that is their choice and becuase it is in the tender you will have to follow their terms .
  we had similar issues 18 months since and had to go wfp route although i dont think results are quite as good as trad because our tenders stipulated no ladders then it had to be. ps the first cleans where a nightmare and i think we would of lost the work if it wasnt them that had requested we use wfp , but dont worry it does come good .
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

JM123

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 10:04:26 am »
zeus if you want a cheaper alternative to wfp you can squeegee on a pole, takes a little time to get the technique right but would be a cheaper alternative.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 01:16:18 pm »
Or use a cherry picker

zeusjazmin

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 06:22:56 pm »
i already bought a wfp-backpack for these jobs as it was crazy trying to use a triple ladder