Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cybersye

john guest fittings?
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:42:33 pm »
what are these exactly?
had a look on gardiners and they look like the fittings you get on ro man style systems and the easy push fit connections you see in b&q and wickes. Would I be correct?
Was looking in wickes today, do the larger ones work with tricoflex hose? fed up with hozelock fittings causing me airlocks, sure its after the pump through the di in my van. What do I need if I want to change over to them ie; what fittings to the pump and the di? and can you attach them to a fixed hose reel?
Thanks
Simon

macmac

Re: john guest fittings?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:59:03 pm »
john guest fitting are push-fit connectors used in all kinds of trades i.e. plumbing, drinks machines, beer pumps etc. so yes, they are in B&Q, wicks & so but they are the bigger ones for plumbing. they are also known as JG-speedfit connectors. the ones most commonly used for WFP applications are the smaller ones used for the drinks industry.
do a google for john guest, then if you want to buy any get the part numbers from JG site & buy from www.betavalve.com(or .co.uk, cant remember).
they are a superb fitting, just push on & pull off, no leaks or air intake. i use them on my facelift pole to plit the pipe. ;)

tony

cybersye

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:32:47 pm »
thanks Tony.
Seems I can find fittings for some of the connections, and for those ones I may buy some of the 15mm plastic pipe as well, reckon its got to be better than leaking hozelocks.
Simon

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 11:51:20 pm »
I've just finished setting up my estate car with a 125 ltr tank pump and controler and 100mtr of microbore, I was working with a backpack and hoselock fittings, the microbore and   john guest fittings are so much easier and like you say you wont need to worry about leaks, I have also got my backpack going into microbore now with the same fittings on them.

Sussex by the sea

cybersye

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 10:37:32 am »
So Chris, do I need to replace my 1/2 " tricoflex hose from tank to pump and di to reel with microbore to use jg ? I'll need adapters and am unsure as to what fittings for the pump and di. Can you post any pics or email to cybersye2003@hotmail.com . Any help would be appreciated ;)
Cheers
Simon

chris@c.m.s

Re: john guest fittings? New
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 07:35:54 pm »
I'm not sure how you would run microbore between tank and pump or pump and di because for those connections I have used 1/2" hose, but in my case after pump I have reduced the hose down to micro so that I have about 8mtrs of micro then back up to 15mm to connect to the hose reel, there are proberly better ways to do things than I have done but it works at the moment. 
Will try and sort some pics tomorrow.       
Sussex by the sea