Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Charging for frames
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 08:20:06 am »
I use WFP now so it's probably not so relevant.
However, when I did trad, I would usually quote the first clean as glass and frames to bring them up to spec - though heavily ingrained staining would not come out.  I would make it cleat that subsequent cleans were for just the glass and removing any liquid that I put on the frames (e.g. sills).  If they wanted a frame clean periodically (once or twice a year) the charge would be the same again as for glass+sills).  Some people had frames done once a year.  Most didn't bother.  If there was a bit of muck on the frames that bugged me, I would usually wipe it off anyway even if they weren't paying.

billygoat

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 09:25:54 am »
I think when people ask to have their windows cleaned they expect to have glass and maybe sills cleaned and probably dont even think about the rest of the frame.This seems to be the case with me, maybe its different elsewhere.

Very rarely someone will ask to have frame cleaned, which I will do.

And believe it or not as ive been typing this I got a call asking me could I clean their windows and would I be able to clean the frames ;D,which of course I said I would ;)

craig jwc

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 04:33:55 pm »
Just got back in and picked up 3 new cleans in a street today just because i clean the frames.
Yes they already had a w/c but when asked to clean the frames they told them they don't do it, so they cancelled them.

On the answer machine was another 3 calls - 1 was a recomendation from a new job last week. They didn't expect the frames to be done but was really pleased with them.

The other 2 were also recomendations which i will be pricing tomorrow.
Again it was the frames that got them interested.

Been cleaning garage doors for a few weeks now FREE OF CHARGE. Been doing this to let the customer see the difference and just to let them know i am now offering this service.

Managed to pick up a few of them, plus had neighbours coming and asking me questions about the windows etc.

Craig

Mr.G

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 05:41:08 pm »
I do the sills always, but only the frames if they actually request it, which is quite rarely, and charge an extra 3 or 4 quid.

simbo

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 08:28:08 pm »
billygoat,
 you would never clean my glass, saying that next door have a bloke like you and their windows look crap, so guess what i am doing them from now on at £4 extra just for a little wipe that takes seconds.
you do your way i'll do mine at a higher price of course
simbo

billygoat

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 11:15:44 pm »
simbo,

its everyone to their own I suppose,its always worked for me this way,and theres quite a few on here working the same way.The windows I clean dont look crap and I can safely say ive never lost a job to another w/c but ive certainly gained work of other w/c's for being to expensive. If customers asked for their frames to be cleaned I would do it,but like I said people rarely ask.

Anyway this is all a bit irrelevant now as ive been changing over to wfp during the last few months and your be pleased to know that the frames are cleaned aswell ;D

But I will be doing some trad and will still be cleaning them in my own slap happy way ;),cheers

brett walker

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 11:23:39 pm »
Ive always done window sills as standard this has got me so much more work, only started doing the frame since i started wfp

In one area where i clean there is at least 3 window cleaners they have been cleaning there for 20yrs and refuse to even wipe the sills.  You can imagine they dont even touch the frames either, i have picked a lot of work up from them and they wonder why

Brett

simbo

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 07:14:01 pm »
billgoat good luck with wf really is a great tool in the right hands, no offence meant before mate
all the best simbo

billygoat

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 02:07:43 pm »
none taken,cheers :)

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 05:16:23 pm »
i always do the windows and frames the sametime with my wfs, i don't charge
for frames, all my cleans start from £10.00 which covers everything

stephen

simbo

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 08:52:55 pm »
i sort of agree with samual, as i think a lot of some comercial window cleaner do just take money and run and not really bother about quality, i hope i do not go this way as always treat the same as any other job really perhaps lose some on price but never mind, thats the trouble getting a good price
simbo