Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

Upgrade probs
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:50:00 pm »
Hi
Just upgraded my ro from 100 to 200 Gals

Followed the diagram that ro man sent me.

The waste from the bottom membrane goes into the input of the top membrane. Is this right ?
http://www.ro-man.com/shop/images/300gpd%20diag.bmp

Looking on the ro man website their 200 gals system the pipe after the pre filters tees off and goes into both mambranes with a separate waste.-http://www.ro-man.com/shop/images/RO-200-400.jpg

All the best
Marcus

john tomkins

Re: Upgrade probs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:39:30 pm »
Well i followed the same diagram as you but now have 2tds from 1st membrane (as usual) but 12tds from new one, I did wonder if that was correct  :-\

MNWC

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:53 pm »
i might have a play at the weekend  ;D

MNWC

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:43:58 pm »
anyone else  ???

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:22:58 pm »
The correct way to plumb an 'Ro-Man' unit is to put the waste from the 1st membrane into the input to the second membrane. The two product pipes are linked by a 'T' piece before going through the final polishing unit.

This works very well in improving your production rate but also in lowering the waste ratio.

Some other firms use a split input into each membrane.

Alex

MNWC

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:31:52 pm »
does it matter wich way you do it

It must be better if you have a tee piece into the two membranes surely  ???
Marcus

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:25:08 pm »
Alex

which way would you recommend, the waste into no2 or split the incoming to the 2 membrane

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 09:10:48 am »
The way I have it is the same as RO-Man. It seems to work very well with good production rates (we support 2-3 commercial pole workers over a week on a 200gpd into a holding tank).

However it would no doubt work as well the other way. If in doubt ring Martin at Ro-Man and ask him the pros and cons of each way.

Alex

Davew

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:21:08 pm »
300gpd has the pressure guage after the third filter not sure why? Can someone explain how the flushing valve works and when to use it please?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 09:10:37 pm »
The pressure gauge is after the pre-filters so that it can indicate to you when they need changing.  If you note the pressure when you fit new filters, you will notice as the filters age the pressure on the gauge will gradually start to drop. When this happens you will need to change your filters for optimum performance.

Flush valve - this is to allow you to flush the surface of your RO membrane with water to remove the debris build-up.  Basically, every so often (once a week or two minutes before each processing session) turn the flush valve and allow the unit to simply flush water down the drain.  Doing this will prolong the life of your RO membrane by up to two years.