Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnm

how long to flaten battery
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:13:39 pm »
how long will it take my 100 psi sureflow pump to flaten my van battery  should i be worried
i have berlingo with new battery/diesel

AuRavelling79

Re: how long to flaten battery
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:29:43 pm »
It depends on the amp/hours of your battery. The higher the amp/hours the better.

If say, your battery is 85 amp/hour and your pump draws 10 amps per hour then you will get about 8.5 hours continuous use when it is brand new. A varistream controller might reduce the drain to about 7 amps per hour.

I would recommend getting a leisure battery as they are suited to the relatively low but continuous drain from them.

A vehicle battery is OK but is really designed for the high current that the starter motor draws followed by the trickle charge from the alternator.

You can usually take a feed from the back lights to a split relay so your alternator charges your leisure battery or just recharge your battery every night on a mains trickle charger.
It's a game of three halves!

mike richardson

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:34:23 pm »
i charge my leisure battery every day no hasle bought it 2nd hand for £10 its been fine for 6 mnth, i carry a spare just in case though.dnt want to risk van not starting as my van is parked up working more than it is running, so dnt think id re charge the battery enough on a split charger,

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:04:25 pm »
My leisure batt last for 2 day's then I take it in at night and charge her up ;)

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 11:35:48 pm »
The other week i managed to leave the pump running for 3 days (had a lazy week)  - the hose reel had knocked the varistream on when i shut the van doors >:(
I managed to get another days work out of it ;D

I was changing the battery over to my spare when i noticed, but the handle snapped on the battery and it split when it hit the ground.
Got a new spare and put the drained one on charge for 24hours.