Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DODA

removing cement from metal frames
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:37:26 pm »
Hi all

i am in the middle of a large builders clean on an office block and the reception area has cement on the frames which are painted metal , does anyone know how to remove without scratching the frames ,tried using a non scratch cleaning pad but no joy.
Any help would be appreciated

thanks

darren

Re: removing cement from metal frames
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:04:43 pm »
It's jobs like this that 'bug' me. 

Sloppy builders, painters, or window installers make a mess and it's the window cleaner whose got to sort out the aftermath.

Can you not clean the windows, glass only, leaving the cement on the frame?

DODA

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:33:34 pm »
i wish i could but the italian architect is on site and wants them cleaned
his english is terrible all he keeps saying is perfecto

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:49:26 pm »
you could use some sort of acid cleaner but check with manufacturer of the acid to make sure it is safe to use on glass and aluminium otherwise you could come well unstuck.
   we personally use a cement acid cleaner for builders cleans that is perfectly safe to use on glass but have never used it on aluminium.
    you could also try using a hot pressure washer this is good for removing cement but again care would be needed incase you damage seals on glass panes.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

DODA

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 09:13:45 pm »
thanks guys