Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Chilly out.
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:10:13 pm »
Hi all.
Been rained off for a while, got nicely behind.  Smashing sunshine this morn so off I rushed to my first job.
Got there got hose out of van and just about to start when me mobile starts.

Turns out me dear old dad had been taken ill .
 By the time I got me mum off the phone everything was frozen solid.    ARSE. 

Any of you 'pros' out there got any good tips or advice to avoid the probs jack frost brings with him. 

Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

rugby

Re: Chilly out.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:36 pm »
i had the same problem today,as i was in the middle of a job my vikan brush became quite frozen,"it was realy bl**dy cold in gloucester"when it gets like that i give up,its too cold ,end of.

i also normaly take my poles,hose etc keep them in the garage over night if i think its going to freeze,forgot to do that last night,poles hose etc were frozen solid this morning,so another v-late start,and with brush freezing another early finish  >:( 

i know a lot of guys leave a green house heater in their van over night,but im a bit too worried about the chance of a fire to do that,i used to use very small electric heater,but my movano quite big,would cost a fortune trying to keep that warm.
ps  hope your dad is ok

TVCS

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:09:12 am »
Cheers Rugby.
I have a small heater in the van, just set on the frost free setting, it does the job.  Just annoyed with the freezing side of things.  Back to trad for a few days I recon.

ps  hope your dad is ok

Ta for that.  They apparently he had a heart attack but seems to be in good fooling at the moment.

Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

RO-Sheen

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:33:42 am »
Ant - Hope your Dad is ok and has a quick recovery.

Formerly known as GARGAAX

simbo

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:18:28 am »
i also had real probs yesterday as got caught out by the cold, prozen hoses pump the lot so ran down to argos and got a 2kw blow heater came back and put in the back of van then had breakfast, half hour later all thawed for £10 so will just put out half hour before setting out for work now
cheers simbo

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:28:48 pm »
Just finished two large first cleans this afternoon....on the last job my pole joints froze....rofl.....can you believe it ;)