Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

come in out of the rain?
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:33:37 pm »
Thought of saving inside work for really  bad weather days do you think this is pratical? anyone.

i.e
When asked by a customer about doing inside work say i do inside work but only when weather's so bad I can't work outside, "I'ltake your details and put you on list i charge 50% extra to do inside."

Anyone run their round like this?

Also anyone got tips about commercial work i.e what to charge and obviously their not as concerned about poor weather.

any advice greatly recieved.
thanks again all and have a good weekend
Lee 
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

brett walker

Re: come in out of the rain?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 02:47:02 pm »
I generally do the insides when they request this is usually when youve just done the outside as a customer likes clean windows both sides at the same time.  They seem to get more satisfaction from that but myself i only charge the same inside inside as i do outside as long as i get a cup of coffee. :D

Brett

lee_dewing

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:34 pm »
thanks brett.
but don't you find inside work holds your round up?
I know what your saying in and out together makes more sense, I just always feel out of pocket doing inside work.
Oh yeh do you do inside there and then when asked.
I have had people really p me about before show up next time to do it as they asked and then they say oh leave it for another time.

Or worse make an appointment and there not in!

I'm learning the simplier the better in window cleaning made classic mistakes of phoning people.

Now text people to unlock gates if nessecarry.
lee

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 02:57:52 pm »
I think youve got to charge extra,as its alot slower to do insides.
I think 50% is a bit steep though 

fast 1

why shouldn't you charge more to do inside work
1. it takes longer
2. it affects your schedule
3. how often are they having the insides done a few times a year at that!

Fast 1 *

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 03:00:09 pm »
i agree you should charge extra.
wildstyles

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:18:36 pm »
Lee,

I find insides do take a bit longer now im wfp, this is why i think i need to charge a bit more, i do charge extra for interiar doors and mirrors etc. Yes i do do it there and then, you will find that people do try and make appointments then mess you about. if this happens to me i just tell them i haven't got time. ;)

Locked gates are a pain, but in this day and age security is getting a 'must'. Some customers give me keys but i have phoned people before and they haven't left them open, >:( this is the next thing on my list to sort out as it slows you down. ::)

Brett

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 03:51:21 pm »
the rain dont bother me  ;D

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 04:23:07 pm »
I try and put people of when they ask me to do there insides as i hate doing insides unless its a good earner.
I just tell them that we now only do it when its raining.

Mostly they don't bother but i do have some i can go to when it rains and clean the insides.

I couldn't do them on my way round i would never get my work finished.

Paul

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 05:22:41 pm »
Lee,

I find insides do take a bit longer now im wfp,
<SNIP>

Brett

Is that cos of the time it takes to dry the carpet?  :)

brett walker

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 06:50:22 pm »
Lee,

<SNIP>

Brett

;D ;D Hi Paul

yes i just dont know what im doing wrong  :'(

seriously though i have had customers turn round to me and think im going to do insides with wfp its unbelievable :o

regards

Brett

spotless2000

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 06:56:27 pm »
I’ve had this as well, especially when it comes to cleaning the inside of a conservatory with tiled floors.  They seem really surprised that I’m not going to use the pole. :o

I'll just have to remember to loan them a brolly and get on with it - It would save me a lot of time! ;D

Steve

cybersye

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 07:04:15 pm »
i charge same for insides, i just insist they remove nets, curtains, pictures, china etc while I'm doing the outside, it does'nt take much longer then and insides are rarely that dirty anyhow.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 11:24:56 am »
Lee,

<SNIP>

Brett

;D ;D Hi Paul

yes i just dont know what im doing wrong  :'(

seriously though i have had customers turn round to me and think im going to do insides with wfp its unbelievable :o

regards

Brett

I've had that happen too.  Funnily enough, I did do the inside of one job with WFP but it was industrial with concrete floor and nothing about that could get damaged. There was very little glass that I needed to do with WFP and a quick mop round sorted it out.  That was the only time though.  Naturally I used a very low flow rate.

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 01:04:23 pm »
I've been fortunate enough to have customers ask me if I could do the insides next time, so I can plan for it.  I was told I should be charging 50% extra but I don't work in the same areas as those cleaners, and I think it's a bit steep anyhow.  I generally charge an extra 30% rounded up of course ;D, but if the house is overpriced I'll probably just say same again.  It all depends on what you think you can get away with.  And I'll always ask them to clear the sills for me.

Chris

lee_dewing

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 04:33:26 pm »
thanks all
Lee