Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*** PROTEKTAKOTE & VANLINER ***
« on: January 21, 2007, 06:46:38 pm »
Can somebody please tell me what they have used for their van was is paint on protectakote or the van liner ? and what is different about the two

thanks

007 or what

Re: *** PROTEKTAKOTE & VANLINER ***
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:40:06 pm »
i used paint on protectakote difference is about £500 but you get what you pay for

Bazzy1999

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:45:06 pm »
I used Protecta-Kote its the bees knees   ;D

Bazz...

russ_clark

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:07:56 pm »
As bazzy and co. say use the paint on stuff its very easy to do and costs around £100 mark

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 08:54:58 pm »
Thanks guys but what i meant was whats the difference between these

Protecta-Kote Bed/Van Liner Kit Black     £74.95

With this simple to use roll on bed liner kit its now easy for anyone to have a tough anti-slip coating in their pick-up truck, van or 4x4 in only a few hours. If you are using this kit on a large vehicle you might need to buy an additional litre. The kit contains everything you need to cover an area of up to 6 sq metres (60 sq feet) in black. Perfect for a typical pick-up truck bed or medium sized van. The kit includes detailed instructions, rollers, paint brushes, gloves and a large scotch pad. Protectakote is anti-slip, impact resistant and waterproof.

£53.95
Protecta-kote is a unique, advanced formula polyurethane anti slip paint, incorporating rubber granules to give a totally flexible anti-slip (nonslip) finish that will not flake, chip or peel. With no mixing or blending required, it can be easily applied to almost any surface including metal, concrete, wood, fibreglass, plastic and rubber leaving an attractive textured anti-slip finish that is resistant to impacts. A 4 litre tin will cover approximately 4-6 sq metres (60 sq feet) with two coats.
The new 50% tougher UVR version offers greater resistance to discolouration and is even suitable for areas around swimming pools

russ_clark

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:02:50 pm »
I think its all the same stuff just different prices depending on colour chosen and wether you go for the 50% tougher UV one.
I did :)
I just used the roller supplied and did it myself in a few hours (two coats)
you must key the van floor before applying it and it stinks to high heaven but is great for the job.
one tin was plenty for a dispatch floor (had some left over)
hope that helps
Russ

Jon T.C.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 09:39:57 pm »
One is just the tin of protekta cote the other is a kit ie. tin of protekta cote, roller , latex gloves, emery cloth - basically everything you need for the job.

regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 08:28:12 am »
Thanks for that people appreciated

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 05:19:38 pm »
I've just bought a van and I want to get it lined. The trouble is I can't find any companies/business's that'll do the work for me.

Anyone know of anyone in the London/South East area that'll does that type of work?

Cheers and thanks