Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drakestar!

new super lite
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:35:04 pm »
any tips on using 1?

trevor perry

Re: new super lite
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:24:09 pm »
i would say keep rhem in an upright bag like golf trolley this way the pole sections are easy to just pull out and assemle without bending down and leaving pole to be blown over also do not try to use in windy conditions it is impossible they are just to lite otherwise use as any other pole .
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

drakestar!

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:29:39 pm »
cheers bear dat in mind especially in a week like this

TDW

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:42:56 pm »
Dont step on it :)

Use it on big jobs or really high. On smaller blocks of flats I ve found it better to use a 24 universal or something else that is telescopic.

macmac

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 07:31:49 pm »
telescopic full stop. :o

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:29:55 pm »
Be very methodical and follow the manual.

It will seem like you are taking too long setting up and maybe the first few times you will be, but after a short while you will realise that you are actually spending a lot less time overall on the job.

Treat it with loving care and it will soon be your very 'best friend', you will wonder how you ever worked without it!

I would never work with anything else over 25ft now, and I really mean that.

Alex

TDW

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:31:13 pm »
macmac

Have you used a modular? or is it that you just dont like the idea of it.

Tdw

H h20

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 08:31:34 pm »
I agree with Alex,
you get so use to handling them and the lightness of them makes a massive difference,
Gaz

macmac

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:45 am »
tdw
never used a modular to be fair, if i was doing a big high job & working my way from top to bottom gradualy i think it would be ok but i'm forever adjusting the length of my pole with the work i do. i also use the facelift for most bottom windows too sometimes at 90 degrees + its in/out of the van all day, it just seems easier to pull out & away you go without delicate modular sections blowing about all over. like i said, if it was a job that you were at all day it maybe ok but ok isn't good enough. i know they are cheaper but to be honest i'd pay anything for the right tool if it made my life easier & my work quicker & thats what the facelift does for me, its quick, light, no hassle, rigid & very strong.

regards

tony

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 02:24:53 pm »
macmac,

In many ways you are right. Telescopic poles have an ease of use factor that a modular (of any type) will never match. For the right type of work I still use telescopic poles (up to 25ft), as they can be simpler to use.

Modular do take getting used to and also knowing which jobs they do not work with. However if you think your Facelift is light and rigid, then a Super-Lite (or similair pole) would blow your mind!

TDW

I always assemble my superlite out the back of my vehicle. I have the holdall laid flat on top of my tank. I then lay the brush and hose on the ground and insert the first section, I push this assembly a little away from me and insert the next section and so on until I have the height I require. I then fix hose to pole with some velcro strips and off I go.

Alex

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:40:15 pm »
We tried this and split a section first time out. We always assemble vertical now.(one of yours Alex)

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 04:10:47 pm »
In the begining you will have to assemble vertically but there is an aquired knack with horizontal errections  :)
Keep at it. ( I use Featherlite, - but not condoms)

TDW

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 05:06:02 pm »
It certainly not an all inclusive pole but for certain jobs its incredible. I've never used a facelift but will probably buy one next for everything 24 foot and under.

Surely the supalite\featherlite will last longer aswell as there is no wear like the telescopics.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 05:50:30 pm »
Have been using them since 8th Jan 2006. I have smaller 2x2-6"ft sections on the top for close up work and unclickable head for using in the hand which I find faster than a small pole occasionally, as you can fan the window with wrist action , handy for georgians and downstairs.

macmac

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 10:22:08 pm »
alex
very honest answer (thanks), i would like to try one as i can see the benefits & by the sounds of it (i trust you as i think your very honest) they would blow the facelift in the right situation for weight & rigidity. but for me at the moment as said i need an all-rounder i.e. up & down - in/out the van all the time.

i admit i am biased with the facelift as after using a 40ft fibreglass pole for 3 years then using the carbon facelift you can imagine how blown away i was by it.

i am looking for some higher, more commercial work this year so you never know you may see me slagging the facelift & pro modular in 6 months time!!! :D :D

regards

tony

WavieDavie

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 10:45:49 pm »
Alex,

I seem to remember from ages ago that you mentioned about taking a "roadshow" round the country, as that would be cheaper than paying for a stand at one of the big exhibitions.

As your range has certainly increased since then, are you any further forward with this idea - or is it because your range has increased, you don't have time now?

Yours,

Curious from Edinburgh
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 08:11:49 pm »
Hi Wavie Davie,

We have had several ideas along this line.

A roadshow would be a good idea, or we thought about hiring a large venue here in Cornwall (possibly the Eden Project's Arena) and providing a real world test for everyone of our various poles that we now stock, Universal, Extender, Super-Lite, Predator, Facelift. It also would provide an opportunity to test out the wide range of brushes we supply.........

BUT the trouble is we are so busy that we just haven't got the time to organise this as well as look after all of our customers, so it will have to go on the back-burner for the moment.

There is a real possibility that the Super-Lite will be making an appearance on one of our distributors stands at the forthcoming cleaning show. This would give a good opportunity for everyone to see what it really is like.

Alex

WavieDavie

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 09:15:15 pm »
Will you be at the Fed show, perhaps?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 07:46:24 am »
It doesn't look like it.