Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Drip/run again!!! Why???
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:39:53 pm »
Here is that bl**dy drip/run down the glass again!!!!

If this is happening on my glass, how many of my customers is it happening to?

Haven’t cleaned this window for over a week. So why the run now?

Pj

Re: Drip/run again!!! Why???
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:45:11 pm »
watch out for that vent!  Thats where it's collecting.  Turn your flow off for a sec, wipe with brush, or rag on brush, rinse window, no drips or runs. 

Try to think of the obvious ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:59:23 pm »

Try to think of the obvious ;)

so, are you saying I have to wipe every single window I clean with wfp on my round??

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:00:31 pm »
matthew or turn the light of  ;D  ;D

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:54 pm »
matthew its more than likely a water run of the outer  wall, and the water drip has been blown onto the glass by the wind,

Pj

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:13:17 pm »
If you think you have an area that is going to drip onto the window, either avoid it, or wipe it with flow off, or go back and rinse when it has stopped dripping. 
It is technique.  you can do it.  Did you clean trad?  Whatever you did before, you just get the hang of it.

What came before computers?

macmac

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:41:45 pm »
mathew
if it aint been cleaned for a week i honestly dont think its got owt to do with your wfp mate but more likely a drip from the gutter or something. like i have said in previous posts i never clean above the glass, just let the top of the bristles touch the beading and drag the brush from side to side accross the top a couple of times just to get any dirt off the beading. then clean the window as normal but dont shove the brush right back up to the top too quick or you risk moving a wave of water over the beading on to the top frame. then when cleaned move your brush to the top left of the glass, again only just touching the beading with the top of the bristles, leave the whole brush on the glass & let the water stream down (rinse). then slowly move the brush over to the right,keeping it on the glass at all times untill you've rinsed the whole window then lift the brush off & away. this is why a rectangular brush is better ( to get into the corners as your not going onto the frame) & pencil jets ( cos they dont spray, there's less risk of water going onto the top frame.

this will take a wee bit of practise to perfect but i guarantee you it will pay off in so many ways & you'll be able to walk away knowing there'll be no risk of drips later.  ;D ;D ;D
hope this helps

tony