Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

soft to hard bristles
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:04:51 pm »
i find vikan brush bristles to soft when cleaning wood and upvc & glass which has,t been cleaned for sometime , can you recommend different brushes which are better for cleaning dirty windows and are competative in prices

jouk45

Re: soft to hard bristles
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:33:02 pm »
well i dont have one of gazh20 brush heads yet, but i hear they are the bees knees

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 02:42:44 pm »
Its a bit like asking what make of pool cue you use.
Soft flocked like vikan will float over the glass but suit some whio have 2-4 weekly work . Harder monofilament bristles scrub better if you are less regular or 6 monthly. Its like pulex hard v ettore ?

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:53:55 pm »

I use a Gaz H20 Brush.  Nice brush, but..... I find it a bit too soft for Upstairs.

I have made my own downstairs brush..............well just water fed a "Tesco" £3.99 stainless steel handled sweeping brush................. and I like the brush it seems to shift dirt better.  I cleaned a conservatory over the Christmas period and the Gaz brush wouldn't shift the green muck, but when I put the "Tesco" brush on that did well.
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »
Gosh its blue ! your making me green with envy  :)
Why do you think the tesco brush seems to scrub better. I thought the salmon was quite stiff ?

H h20

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 07:37:28 pm »
Dave,the brushes i supplied to you are not the only brushes i supply i can supply bigger,smaller brushes,soft,medium,stiff bristles the list is endless  ;D,Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 08:02:58 pm »
Good point Gaz,
I think we all have different ideas of what makes your own paticular "ideal" depending on what we are cleaning and how often. Up till recently there was not much choice, now there is. For domestics cleaned  regulary you dont need a brush with much scrubbing power but if your on a 6 monthly thats filthy maybe you do.  For commercials you need something different, wider and lighter.

Thats what interested me about Davids reply and the green conservatory muck.
Was it that the bristles lay flatter on the glass and could brush with the sides, because it was a flocked brush or was it bristles length and flex/spreadability ?

For too long we have been told that floor brushes are rubbish and only fit for floors. They are in many cases as good as any major suppliers £50 brush
The Tesco "Melody"  brush weighs 9oz/250gm and is Italian.

DaveBrown

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 08:38:15 pm »
Try the double trim brush which has soft bristles on the outside and harder, shorter bristles on the inside. Its monofilament, too.

Dave