Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

Had a funny cancellation today
« on: January 05, 2007, 04:55:22 pm »
Been cleaning this customers windows for 12 months and today after i cleaned her windows she said, could i possibly cancel as i have more time at home now and i will try to clean them myself, i said ok no worries, then her little daughter that could of been no older than 10 said mummy you've got that other man to clean your windows, she said no i haven't stop being silly, the daughter replies no mummy you've definatly got that other man doing it, the woman then went a nice shade of pink, it was a picture!

why can't these people be straight with you and tell you the real reason, i would much prefer it because if there is some kind of problem then we could maybe sort it out.

You can always count on the children for the real reason though  ;D

H h20

Re: Had a funny cancellation today
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:58:01 pm »
Steve,she must have had a cheaper quote and did`nt really want to tell you,
oh well she will be sorry  ;D,Gaz

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 05:04:20 pm »
i know that, but all she had to do was tell me, its these new estates i've got, they are dropping like flys permanently under attack, i'm just gonna let them whittle out and move on to more mature areas!

I think someone is doing evry 6-8 weeks round there as i have lost quite a few in the last few months, but let them plenty more fish in the see!

H h20

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 05:14:25 pm »
Steve some people can get embarrassed telling you they got a cheaper quote or think it may embarrasse you,
as for those new estates i have found over the 18 years iv`e been window cleaning they all seem to struggle to pay,i have done a lot of domestic work over the years(mostly commercial now),
and would rather do the older properties,you get the middle aged to pensioners in them and have a bit more thought,
Gaz

steveaqua

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:17:23 pm »
pensioners! now thats another story all together  ::)

;D

KarlJones

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 05:28:02 pm »
I should think every window cleaner trying to expand heads for a new estate but the worst thing of all the £2.50 guys head to them too.  So, there you have it, £2.50 guys, new start ups, window cleaners trying to expand and the odd WFP guy trying to justify his purchase by filling the gaps in his week due to his speed increases.

Yuck!  keep em, I will go for roads less trodden.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 05:32:55 pm »
We had a discussion about new estates on here a little while ago, it took me a while to realise but now know where not to canvass

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 05:38:36 pm »
Been cleaning this customers windows for 12 months and today after i cleaned her windows she said, could i possibly cancel as i have more time at home now and i will try to clean them myself, i said ok no worries, then her little daughter that could of been no older than 10 said mummy you've got that other man to clean your windows, she said no i haven't stop being silly, the daughter replies no mummy you've definatly got that other man doing it, the woman then went a nice shade of pink, it was a picture!

why can't these people be straight with you and tell you the real reason, i would much prefer it because if there is some kind of problem then we could maybe sort it out.

You can always count on the children for the real reason though  ;D

That's hilarious Steve.  I would like to think that I wouldn't have milked that situation for all it was worth but I'm not convinced  ;D

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 05:51:34 pm »
They will never tell you they have got someone cheaper!

It’s when they say they have found cheaper there really talking crap. I had a guy the other day called round to his 1.5mill pad (£30 job) it’s the window cleaner I said, we didn’t receive any payment from previous clean did you get the envelope and slip? "How much do I owe you" he opened his wallet then mumbled in a rather weak voice not to bother now "the wife has found someone cheaper" ;D

With a big smile on my face, I wished him luck with his new shiner. Problem is that house takes 40mins to do and is already priced competitively and is on a very exclusive estate in the middle of  nowhere and I do the whole estate which is allot of work every customer is as good as gold everyone of them a millionaire and some very nice people and loyal customers. I also have large contract with the management (top dog)

Even if he does have a new shiner which I doubt anyway they won’t last in that estate, no chance. I will be there for many years to come and I cannot wait for the day this guy says "can you please clean my windows again"  because without a doubt it will come ;D ;D ;D ;D disloyalty like that is very bad in my book. I would clean them again, because I would charge him serious ££ I would even charge him for me having to write his door number back in my pda.

Some people  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

P®oPole©

steveaqua

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 06:04:20 pm »
I know that people are never gonna tell me the real reasons, i just wish i could know, i know we all just move on and don't take it personally but from a personal and business point of view i think it would be invaluble to know the real reason. maybe like market research

All i know is that i'm regular as can be, offer a professional service, polite, and most of all do a good and thorough Job so i suppose on my part nothing more can be done...maybe drop my prices but thats only when hell freezes over  ;);D

brett walker

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 06:06:10 pm »
I dont mind if someone is genuine and explains that they cant afford it for a while i have had a number of excuses but its the blatant lies i cant stand, like most on here i just love when the day comes when they ask you to do them again.  Theres one lady inparticular im waiting for that lied when she asks me again my answer will be ' you cant afford me and i dont work for liars'

every dog has his day ;)

Brett.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 06:26:56 pm »
I dont mind if someone is genuine and explains that they cant afford it for a while i have had a number of excuses but its the blatant lies i cant stand, like most on here i just love when the day comes when they ask you to do them again.  Theres one lady inparticular im waiting for that lied when she asks me again my answer will be ' you cant afford me and i dont work for liars'

every dog has his day ;)

Brett.

Sure thing Brett.  I once had an older couple cancel because they had both lost their jobs (they worked at the same place).  They said they wqould give me a ring when things improved.  I thought yeah - heard that one before.  Six months down the line, they were both back in full time employment and asked me to re-start.  Just showed me how wrong I can be sometimes.

spotless2000

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 08:29:26 pm »
I had a couple write to me before Christmas saying things were hard financially and could they cancel their clean.  They were model customers, always paid on time and always polite.  I appreciated their honest reason for cancelling and told them so.   2 weeks later I got a phone call from one of their parent's saying they had just been round to their son's for dinner and their son and daughter in law had recommended me. !!!  Lost 1 - gained 1!

brett walker

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 08:49:54 pm »
Im quite a good judge of character and can work people out quite quick, loyalty and honesty from a customer goes a long way with me give and take on both sides

Ive got no time for the p*** takers anymore you do your best for them and they treat you like dirt

That being said some window cleaners i know treat their customers like dirt, i think we call them cowboys on the forum but weve all got one in our area havent we

Do a good honest job and you cant go wrong get rid of the c**p

Brett