Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

Mini Bore Question
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:22:54 pm »
I want to change my tricloflex hose for minibore.
Is it the same outside diameter as microbore as i need to work out how much i can get on my metal hose reel.

I can fit 50mtrs of tricloflex on the reel.
and a reel full of minibore hose weight wise would it weigh about the same as my tricloflex on the reel.

Paul

Count Phil

Re: Mini Bore Question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:45:44 pm »
I don't know about minibore but microbore weighs loads less than tricoflex. I just changed. I a reel that could fit 70m of normal hoze and have 100m of microbore with room to spare and it is significantly lighter.

Davie T

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »
As with previous post, you will easily get 100 metres microbore in a hose reel.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:52:35 pm »
i use 100 on mine with still room for some more
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:53:34 pm »
I have a reel with microbore but i don't always get the flow i want with it so i ususally use my tricloflex thats why i though of minibore.

Thanks anyway

Paul

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:54:35 pm »
Thanks jay will be ordering 100mtrs then.

Paul

JM123

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:19:38 pm »
we use 100mtrs of 8mm minbore on each of our floorstanding metal reels, really good flow, not a lot thicker than microbore so still really easy to work with.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

neil100

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 07:22:27 pm »
JM is the outside plastic thicker then Microbore?

I have 2 reels of 100mtr microbore. I am thinking of giving 100mtr of minibore a try just so I can have a slightly faster flow rate I hope. I know I could cut down one reel of microbore to about 70mtrs and that should give me a better flow rate but I like the extra distance 100mtrs gives so I am reluctant to cut the hose.

My only problem would be with minibore is I would have to change some connectors on the poles, I normally carry 8 poles in the van if I had a reel of each I then would have 4 poles for Mini and 4 poles for micro. Its a bit more awkward. I use gardiners metal pro connectors, What kind of connections work on minibore and where should I buy?

Many thanks Nel. :o

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 11:03:35 pm »
Neil gardiners do 8mm pro fittings so these should be ok with minibore.
Well i hope they are as i just order one along with other bits and bobs.

Im like you i also use the pro connectors and they are great if you have a couple of differant sized houses and the same hosetail fits all fittings.

Paul

JM123

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 12:01:39 am »
Hi Neil, sorry, been out all evening with a customer designing a system for him.

I use 100m of 8mm minibore on each reel  -the outside diameter (o.d) is slightly bigger than microbore, I think its about 13mm (it pushes up into standard half inch hose really nice and tight).  To be totally honest, 100m fills the reel a little too much, 90 or 95m would fit much better, it really only needs a little taken off it.  Even completely wound up onto the reel the water pumps through it really really well.  Best stuff out there.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I