Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Shurflo , have i got the right one ?
« on: January 03, 2007, 11:03:05 pm »
Just got a 100psi to run with 100m of microbore 6mm , i dont use a varistream , model number 8000-441-138 , 3.78 lpm is the flow rate , do any of you run the same pump ?

Thaks in advance , Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

JM123

Re: Shurflo , have i got the right one ?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:08:34 pm »
been supplying that pump for over 18months now - never had one failure, really hardy little pump. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

JM123

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:09:05 pm »
perfect for 100m of microbore.

Ballymena N.I

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 11:21:15 pm »
Hi JM123 , will it make any difference that i dont run a varistream ?
Most do so i was wondering if it would change the characteristics of how the pump behaves .

I do have a return to tank valve so if needed i could open it up to let the pressure off a bit , can you see a problem with that , oh and another thing , i take it that it goes the same way as a flojet , pressure switch at the bottem , inlet is on left , outlet on right , correct ?

Rich P @F 

JM123

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:26:22 pm »
wow wow wow - one q at a time ;D

get a varistream - saves water, battery life, pump life, extra gadget to play with etc, they're worth having.

no prob using a return valve but with 100m of microbore the backpressure is high so the return valve won't be very effective at regulating flow.

the pressure switch is on top and the inlet is on the right, outlet on the left but pumps should be mounted upside down so yes, pressure switch on the bottom, inlet on the left, outlet on the right.

hope this helps.

Ballymena N.I

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:46:41 pm »
Thanks Jm , i did have an idea really , but it is always worth checking !

Want to pick your brain about one more thing , i am currently using 60 psi flojet with 75m of microbore , the flow rate is 8.3 lpm , i have the return valve half open , my theory was by having the new pump i would shut the return valve alltogther , do you see what i mean ?

60 psi 8.31 lpm valve half open . 75 microbore
100 psi 3.78 lpm valve closed .  100 microbore

The difference of 40 psi is to push the water the extra 25 m through the hose , do i have the sums right here ?

Rich P @ F

Lee.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:58:54 am »
Hi,
I dont know if this helps but I was running a flojet 100psi 7.6 lpm with 100 meters of micro bore hose and a flow switch on my pole. After a while the pump stopped cutting out when I turned the flow switch off and I think my pump is now partially ruined. I have now invested in varistream and wish I had done so a lot sooner

Lee

JM123

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 05:29:12 pm »
P@F

Its impossible to say what pressure the water is under in the 75m of microbore - it could be 40psi or it could be 10psi, or it could be anything in between.  You certainly won't be getting 8.3ltrs/min from the pump, or even half that with the valve half closed.  You'll need to connect the pump up, run it for a while and play about with the valve to get the exact flow you like.  If it helps you at all I connected the same pump up to 100m of microbore (6mm) earlier today (so I could answer your question) and left it coiled (on the reel) and it was supplying 2.1ltr/min and would probably supply closer to 3.0ltrs/min unravelled.

Even so I would still recommend a varistream - Shurflo pressure switches are not the best and so may burn out quickly - spend the extra money on a varistream (or one of Tony's eco controllers - haven't tried one yet - he promised me one on this forum a while ago, haven't seen it yet!! ;D ;D)

Ballymena N.I

neil100

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 06:41:30 pm »
 I do have a return to tank valve so if needed i could open it up to let the pressure off a bit , can you see a problem with that , oh and another thing , i take it that it goes the same way as a flojet , pressure switch at the bottem , inlet is on left , outlet on right , correct ?

Rich P @F 

Rich I have the 60psi flowjet pump. I dont have a Bypass valve fitted, I take it that means that when you switch the pole valve off the pump carrys on pumping the water back into your van tank.

If thats true you should read the installation and service sheet that comes with the fowjet pump. Under subheading BYPASS OPERATION (if equipped) it reads, THE DUPLEX 11 SERIES PUMPS ARE NOT RECOMMENEDED FOR CONTINUOUS DUTY SERVICE DUE TO LIMITED MOTOR BRUSH LIFE. OPERATION AT LOWER PRESSURES AND TEMPRETURES, HOWEVER WILL EXTENTED OVERALL PUMP SERVICE LIFE.

sounds like you may be sending your pump to an early grave. The pumps are designed for intermittent use, switch valve on get water pump working, turn valve off, pump stops working water stops. On and off hence the pressure switch. The pumps do work harder with 100mtr Microbore hose rather then 50mtrs 1/2".

Nel.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 12:04:43 am »
Neil 100 , i have been using the flojet 60 psi pump for 18 months now , never had the varistream on it , and its still going strong as ever , im using a bypass valve with it , as yet it has not pulsed once , just continuous running all the time , i love the pump , it has served me well , i have only gone to the shurflo for the quiet running and extra psi to run the longer hose .

Rich P @ F

RAHomeServices

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:12:31 pm »
ours lasted 20 mins switched to on demand pump with in line valve not had any problems

neil100

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 10:48:35 pm »
Yes my flowjets noisy. But I would miss it if it were quite. Nothing like going to a nice quite culde sac at 8am in the morning. Open the van doors fire the beast up and let the flowjet roar thinking get up you Lazy Bas****s.

I dont have a bypass system, completly unnecessary. I helped a mate out in the summer for a couple of weeks, He allways had a bypass on his set up. He has seen taken it out as he was that impressed how my system worked without one.

Nel.