Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

D.Salkeld_Ltd

In Flight re filling for a Backpack??
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:28:23 pm »
Hi All,

Been trying to think of a way of filling my backpack whilst still on my back!!

Thought of a pipe on the side with a connector and tap so as I could connect the transfer pump delivery pipe and fill up "In Flight" as it were.
Only problem I see is you cant see when the Backpack is full.
But what about one of those little flaot valves connected to a light mounted on the shoulder strap?.

So. you would stand near your tank.  Connect to the delivery pipe.  flip on the pump.  When the light pops on, flip of the pump.  Disconect the delivery. Away you go?

What do any of you other WFP inventors think??

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

KarlJones

Re: In Flight re filling for a Backpack??
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:47:54 pm »
I have no idea if this is suitable, my knowledge of WFP is "it is a water fed pole with a brush on it" so excuse me if I am way off.

You could measure the water going in.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/water-flow-meter-window-cleaning-pond-pool-garden_W0QQitemZ150074299634QQihZ005QQcategoryZ57230QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

H h20

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:56:34 pm »
Dave,here`s an idea,using a length of hose fixed to the top of the back pack either on the lid or drill a hole then a hose connector fitted in to it,then when you need to fill the backpack still on your back connect the length of hose to the pump and fill,you should know when it is getting full by either the weight or by listening to it filling,Gaz  ;)

gaza

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:11:49 pm »
Dave :fill it up till your bacck starts getting wet,refreshing in summer.  but deff a no no in winter.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

master cleaner

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:15:32 pm »
i personally like to take it off every 20mins or so i wouldnt want it on my back 8hrs solid it only takes about 60seconds to fill but gives me a break

gary

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:19:44 pm »
I think Dave could do the 100m hurdles dash with his  :) I used to wear mine most of the morning.
Maybe fit a couple of mirrors to see what your doing

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 10:52:41 pm »
david, a simple solution is to use bathroom scales, weigh yourself before with full tank,
then after that you know the exact weight you need to fill the backpack up to, but,  warning dont eat before it, or the water will pour down the back of your neck, because you forgot theres more weight added  ;D  ;D  ;D

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:28:59 pm »
Thanks Chaps,

Gary,

Your right there.  I would take it off to drive ;D ;D and when I have lunch  ;D ;D
But seriousely, there are occasions when I refil on a single job or a bunch of houses when it would be advantagouse to "In flight" refill.

Gaz H2O

I am going to get another lid for the BP and fit a Connector and pipe and try "blind :o :o" in flight refilling!!  You're probably right, I might not need anything to guage the filling.

Jouk,

Now there's a geniouse ;D ;D ;D.  I'll have to weigh my lunch  too!!!

Thanks guys

David
Not Perfect - But Honest