Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bonzer

4040 TDS output gone up
« on: December 26, 2006, 04:42:43 pm »
I have just been making up some water for getting back to work tomorrow. I normally run my 4040 with booster pump for a few minutes before connecting it's output to the di. During those few minutes the TDS goes down from 200 to about 5 or six (lower when warmer). I ran it today until I got it down to 7 and connected it in to the di. I check a few hours later and find the output from the 4040 has gone up to 12.

It's still zero out of the DI but why would it go up? I disconnected it and tried changing the waste ratios etc but I couldn't get it lower than about 11. The water pressure still seems the same.

Re: 4040 TDS output gone up
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:53:48 pm »
have you changed your prefilters recently also check when you recharged your calcium resin.

Bonzer

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 09:49:04 pm »
I haven't changed the prefilters because the system is only about a month old. I think I've only done about 6000 litres so far. By calcium resin, I assume you mean the water softener? I have an auto-regenerating softener which is working properly as far as I can tell.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 09:51:47 am »
It does take a while for the ro to run in but i get my ro to run at around 005 so its not far off I would speak to whoever supplied it also you will probably get more replys on this particular ro as quite a few have one i've had mine for 18mths and have never had any problems with it. I think roy harding has one he is on the forum.