Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Pumping from static tank
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:53:40 am »
What kind of pump should I use to transfer ro water from an ibc tank to my van tank? Submersible? or something else?

Cheers Davew

seanmcshane

Re: Pumping from static tank
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:16:12 am »
submersible pump.
Attach hose and drop in IBC. Leave in there with electric cord and plug hanging over a nearby hook. When filling van tank, just take off tank lid, place one end of hose in, plug in pump plug to nearest socket and tank will be full in a couple of minutes.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:36:19 am »
I use 140ltr/per/min pump, vans filed in less than 20 mins.

Make sure your hose is the correct diameter as a smaller hose will result in slower filling
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:57:36 pm »
System in my shed.

Shed next to the fence (6'0" high)

Space to park the van by the kerb, pavement alongside my fence.

Draper submersible pump in the IBC.  delivery hose out through the top of the tank, through the side of the shed and normally stored inside the fence hanging on a hook on the back of the fence.

Power supply to the pump via a key switch in the shed wall.

I pull the hose over the fence and put it in the van tank filler hole.  put my little pointer ladder against the fence and I can reach the switch - put the key in and turn it to switch the pump on.  As soon as the water starts flowing I turn the pump off - I've set the IBC up on a plinth so its higher than the van tank so the tank fills by syphon.

When it's full I hold the hose up in the air to break the syphon, then put it back over the fence on its hook.

I can do the whole operation without going into my garden, just have to reach over the fence ;)

No worries about rushing to switch the pump off when the tank's full.

Cheers,

Ian

Davew

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:31:16 pm »
Just picked up my tank today - blimey it's big! (not the first time i've heard that!)
Not much room in the garage now.Have to measure the cap and makesure a pump will drop in. Just pricing and sourcing the rest of my kit so hopefully I can hit the road in a few weeks.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 05:05:36 pm »
Just picked up my tank today - blimey it's big! (not the first time i've heard that!)
Not much room in the garage now.Have to measure the cap and makesure a pump will drop in. Just pricing and sourcing the rest of my kit so hopefully I can hit the road in a few weeks.

Most submersible pumps won't fit through the filler.   Just cut a slot to widen the hole, drop the pump in and then seal the slot up again with some gaffer tape or similar.

Cheers,

Ian