Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.A.J

More pics of my good work
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:27:39 pm »
Here is some more pics of us working today in freezing conditions.

First few of are a nursing home that took 3 hours to clean cos it was the first clean and we used 200 litres of water.

Next time it shoul only take 2 hours at the most.

first 2 are the front & side

S.A.J

Re: More pics of my good work
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 05:30:38 pm »
Finished the nusing home at 1130 then home for a early lunch back out at 1215 to do a couple of these.

ducky

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 05:31:16 pm »
what size is the yellow pole.nice job
if it cleans we will clean it

S.A.J

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 05:36:32 pm »
How did you get one with the sash windows?

They're not the best windows to do with a WFP.

What technique do you use (ie do you do the top sections of an area of sash windows, then return to do the bottom sections.  Do you re-angle your gooseneck at a more obtuse angle to do the bottom section (so you can get right under the top section of the frame))?

How did the job turn out?

S.A.J

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 05:37:47 pm »
My dad carried on cleaning for another hour, got to cold for me so i went to varitech to do some shopping befor they moved up to Newton Abbot.

Got 6 more jobs to do tomorrow so ill take the camera again a take some more pics.

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

S.A.J

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 05:41:16 pm »
what size is the yellow pole.nice job

The yellow pole is a 35ft Ergo lite Glass Fibre.

Dont like using it that often cos of the amount of bend in it.

Stuart

S.A.J

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 05:47:06 pm »
How did you get one with the sash windows?

They're not the best windows to do with a WFP.

What technique do you use (ie do you do the top sections of an area of sash windows, then return to do the bottom sections.  Do you re-angle your gooseneck at a more obtuse angle to do the bottom section (so you can get right under the top section of the frame))?

How did the job turn out?

The sash windows came out kind of alright a few white runs from the paint work but nothing to worry about.

I cant adjust the head on the 35ft pole so i did the best i could and the bottom sections were perfect.

As fo technique i went along all the top sections first then back along the bottom sections. Then did the ground floor windows then i went back over the top ones one last time. Hope that makes sense ???

Stuart
SAJ WIndow Cleaners Ltd

JM123

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 06:34:29 pm »
As far as I'm aware those ergo-lites are infact a rebranded Eco-lite from Brodex, except its half the price from Brodex.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 07:02:10 pm »
GR8 pics, I used to visit  to my daughters in Tamerton, the houses are perched on some pretty inaccesible slopes for trad. So the pole must come into its own. Its like condensed alpine villages.
I noticed that many have very restricted vertical only access and that you have your brush angle at 90 degrees, so how wet do you get and have you any tips about working vertically and beyond ?
and you have to avoid tripping ?

S.A.J

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 07:14:00 pm »
GR8 pics, I used to visit  to my daughters in Tamerton, the houses are perched on some pretty inaccesible slopes for trad. So the pole must come into its own. Its like condensed alpine villages.
I noticed that many have very restricted vertical only access and that you have your brush angle at 90 degrees, so how wet do you get and have you any tips about working vertically and beyond ?
and you have to avoid tripping ?

I know what you mean about tamerton, going to canvass the bigger houses down there in the new year.

if working in a restricted vertcial space i just grin and bear it and get wet!

I always work with my dad so either one of us keeps the hose away from our feet. Never tripped up yet in five years.

Pdh

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 07:40:48 pm »
brodex pole eco !! snapped my 45ft in 2 different sections.im going to give a tucker pole a try next year.