Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jacko

Leather & M Power
« on: December 19, 2006, 10:51:42 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 leather suites to clean tomorrow. I was wondering whether to try M Power? Has anyone used it on leather? Is there any reason why not?.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Leather & M Power
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:03:15 pm »
Over sprayed some Mpower on to a suite and it took the finish off!!

luckily I had some matt finish in the van.

I'd recommend standard leather cleaner that's what it's for.

Shaun

jacko

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:51:01 pm »
thanx for that shaun, i normally use chemspec, prochem, or LTT stuff - all  works ok. I just thought that MP might perform it's miracles for me and save me time!

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 05:53:32 am »
strange then that m/s  clean leather fine!!!

shaun what type of leather did you over spray onto?  iwas under the immpression m/p was just the next generation m/s :-\
shouldnt have stripped , should it?
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 07:44:54 am »
Hi Guys,

MPower is a colloid which means it contains surfactants and is likely to be far too aggressive for leather, bearing in mind most of our carpet cleaning detergents will clean leather , it's the damage they might do which is the problem.

All this talk about next generation microspitters and nano particles is just marketing mumbo jumbo.

I really thingk it is beneficial to CC's that technical information is forthcoming from companies .

Will elaborate when time allows.

Cheers

Dougf

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:00:53 am »
As Doug says colloids are completely different from "Microsplitters". It is possible they will remove any surface treatments and could possibly even loosen sprayed on colourings.
They would probably make a great job of cleaning the leather but would need some serious testing first which as far as I am aware has not been carried out so far.