Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Silly question?
« on: December 18, 2006, 05:24:41 pm »
After researching wfp a little bit, I got a question. Now this could be a real stupid one, but I just don't get it . :)

With a wfp that has the tubing in it, how is it possible that you can extend it and shorten it, and still use the same inner tube? 24 foot of tubing fully extended, after shortening it for transport, or lower work, where does the rest of the tubing go? At the end of the pole you have a connector to hook it to the hose reel, but that is Microbore right? Different material then the tubing in the pole? So can the tubing in the pole just freely move out of the end cap?

See picture if I'm not clear enough.

steveaqua

Re: Silly question?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 05:27:07 pm »
when you de-extented the pole the tubing simply falls out the bottom of the pole

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:27:47 pm »
So can the tubing in the pole just freely move out of the end cap?

Yes.

JM123

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:28:05 pm »
Hi GQC

The end of the pole is open, allowing the tubing to slide freely in and out of the pole, for example, an 18ft pole closed is about 6ft, so all the excess tubing (about another 18ft as you usually have 6ft spare when fully extended) is lying on the ground, when you fully extend the pole, the tubing slides inside the first section and so on, so by the time you have fully extended the pole the pole will be 18ft with 18ft of tubing in it and another 6ft of tubing on the ground.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:34:50 pm »
Love the WFP pictures!

Can I use them for my website?  ;)

Andy

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 05:46:49 pm »
Aha, I get it now! Makes sense, thanks for the comments.

Does anyone have a picture of the inner tubing sticking out and the connector(s) used?

Isn't it a bit tricky if you let 6ft sticking out? Microbore is very strong, but what if the actual wfp pvc tubing get's caught behind something in a garden? Wouldn't that damage it after a while of usage?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:39:47 pm »
Yes, it would.   It's called "wear & tear".  The tubing is cheap enough, so buy a coil and keep it in your shed to repair as you go ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:44:55 pm »
Ah I see, okay then, thanks alot for the help! :)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 06:47:50 pm »
 I don't use one of these glasfibre or Carbon fibre pole. I use an alluminium Unger style pole with the tube on the outside.  Whatever you do, pole tube is a pain in the bum.  You have 2 choices.

1. Have tube around your feet and trailing in the muck
or
2. Have tube waving around in the air and getting hooked on every outside light, hanging basket, gutter end etc...

I chose number 2.  With a backpack full of water I don't want to trip over a pole tube!!

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

WavieDavie

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 06:53:50 pm »
2. Have tube waving around in the air and getting hooked on every outside light, hanging basket, gutter end etc...

David, have you tried loosely winding the tube round the pole? Just two or three turns is enough. Keeps things tidy and certainly helps your centre of gravity when raising the pole from the ground.

That'll be a fiver, thanks!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 06:58:29 pm »
Davie,

Thanks for that.  I'll try it tommorrow.  I'll just spin the sections round a couple of turns to wind the tube up.

Thanks again.

(A fiver!!!....Call you scots tight.......I'm a Yorkie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

WavieDavie

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 07:01:41 pm »
Yorkshiremen are Honorary Scots, you know!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk