Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Have you ever noticed this (WFP)
« on: December 14, 2006, 08:43:52 am »
Its come to my attention recently as a customer has noticed at the very bottom piece of the paine last inch or so has what i can only describe as water marks like runs has anyone else come accross this ? Its only seen when the suns on it, this is the only customer that i know of that has even noticed thanks callum ::) ::) ::) ::)

DASERVICES

Re: Have you ever noticed this (WFP)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:42:57 am »
Have come accross this and what I found the bottom window seal collected dirt so what I do know as well as giving the top frame a good scrub I also do this for the bottom.

This I found worked.

Doug

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:22:56 am »
Its come to my attention recently as a customer has noticed at the very bottom piece of the paine last inch or so has what i can only describe as water marks like runs has anyone else come accross this ? Its only seen when the suns on it, this is the only customer that i know of that has even noticed thanks callum ::) ::) ::) ::)

This may be causaed sometimes if you brush the sill off last as any water hitting the bottom of the glass while brushing the sill would be contaminated.  To avoid this I either do the sill before the glass or I just squirt some pure water along the window a few inches above the sill before moving on to the next one.
Of course it might be caused by something else.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:46:06 pm »
Ah ok. Will review the way i finish window though its weird as i'm sure i must do other windows like this and they never show up? ??? though its possible that no one else notices as this particular customer is quite particular on finish.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 01:56:32 pm »

I've noticed this, but only on windows that have just started to be cleaned using a WFP; ie a first or second WFP cleaned window.

I also regularly see it when I wash my car, at the bottom of the windscreen, after I've washed it and rinsed using with DI water.

I think it's old soap residue.

As I say, I've only ever seen it on 'new' WFP cleaned windows.

Richy L

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 02:07:20 pm »
i've noticed this before. Especially on windows that havn't been cleaned for months/years. I'm trad, so i just make sure i give it a scub and it comes of easy enough. It should copme off just as easy with wfp, you just need to make sure you put enough pressure on the bottom of the pain when cleaning it.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 03:27:33 pm »
she was a regular customer till i could not get her to leave side gate unlocked for a couple of months so it had been a few months since they had been cleaned wfp. I suppose its possible she may have had a go herself cleaning them with who knows what??? :o :o

JM123

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 10:23:38 pm »
we have noticed this before when the tds was starting to rise - check the tds of your water as it exits the pole.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 10:32:25 pm »
I noticed this & cleaned the sill along with the frames then went onto the glass.
This seemed to solve problem.
As mentioned your TDS might be starting to rise

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 08:27:19 am »
I have noticed this myself.

With some customers it has happened within the first few cleans on WFP, and other customers it happens from time to time, just seems to be some residue.

The simple cure that has always worked for me over the last 5 years is to give the bottom section an extra scrub and rinse. I think that the bottom of the window particularly on downstairs windows (which is where I had always noticed it) can be the hardest to scrub the bottom edge properly, so nowadays I always make sure that the bottom edge gets a scrub.

Alex

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 10:05:29 pm »
Funny this should come up.
Last week i had a customer tell me there was water marks on two windows about the bottom 1/2 "
So i gave them a really good scrub and thought that would be it.
I finished the house and went to collect the money and she said its still there.
Well she had these windows put in about 6 months ago its only 2 windows on an extension.
So out come's me ladder and went up there with a damp scrim a microfibre.
Wiped it over and it was still there.
Scraped it still there.
Used MDR with an old piece of scrim and it was better but not all gone.
It had me puzzled why this has happened because i always do a 1st class job.
Anyway i told her it was residue from when the put the windows in ( slight Porky )
And told her i would need some 000 wire wool which i don't have with me so i will get the rest off next month.

So next month i will have a go at getting the rest off with 000 wire wool and MDR.

Paul

TVCS

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 07:37:44 pm »
I have noticed this and I think (i'm probably wrong here) it is mostly on windows that tend to get a lot of rain on. The ones that are exposed to the weather more.  The reason I say this is that I do a block of barn conversions and nearly all the windows at the front of most of the barns have this marking on them. But the ones at the rear dont seem to be affected.  I was there last month and it was raining like mad and the  windows at the front of the barns were being washed with the rain so to speak but when it did stop and I went round the back the windows were dry. 
Theses are new windows too.   All I do now is scrub the frames and bottom of the window first then do the window as normal and they come up a treat.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)