Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Good jobs, rubbish climate.
« on: December 18, 2006, 07:21:16 pm »
I've noticed that most of my better priced, nice posh areas are always the wettest ones.

It's all very well working on nice cottages in the hills, but the weather is awful.
I couldn't live there...

Today I was due up in the hills above the Wye valley.
After 9ish it stopped raining here in the town.

However as I got nearer to my jobs all the cars coming the other way had headlights on. ::)

Spent all day in damp and drizzle, sometimes proper rain. >:(
Something to be said for council estates in towns...

If I wasn't desperate for money before xmas I wouldn't have bothered.
3 people said no.  :-\
Anyone else have nice areas that are always bloody wet?

Londoner

Re: Good jobs, rubbish climate.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 07:59:13 pm »
Ah but there is always going to be the climate. I personally think the gloomy grey drizzly weather we get at this time of year is the pits.

Where my friend Jim lives in America its very cold but the sky is blue and the sun shines. Much better, although I don't know how I would manage with my WFP

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 08:12:11 pm »
It's just where you are squeaky - Chepstow is shielded by the hills. If you were in Brecon or Merthyr it'd be wetter still!
It's a game of three halves!

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:25:21 pm »
Try working where I live! (Inverness)

It's rained for 6 weeks non stop!!!! It's only the last couple of days that have been good.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:27:15 pm »
If I wasn't desperate for money before xmas I wouldn't have bothered.
3 people said no.  :-\

Squeaks/Roger, drop 'em.  Cheeky bustards!  Don't they realise how much rain we've had?

I honestly find it difficult to believe that you put up with sort of sh)t!

If you've agreed terms and conditions and your customers break them, drop them!!!

Where's your self-respect?  You're not their ruddy servant.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:52 pm »
Tosh, if I dropped everyone in the last month or so who said no in bad weather I'd be pretty short of customers!

As Ian said the other day, you've got to expect it if you turn up in miserable conditions.
I wouldn't have had it done today.
Well not up there anyway. :-\

WavieDavie

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 11:00:05 pm »
Squeaks

If we turn up at a job in rainy weather, it's because I reckon we can still bring out a good result - it all depends on the rain!

If anyone queries this, I tell them how we operate and that the decision is down to me. Saying that, we don't even go as far as the city limits, but if I'd travelled to some outlying place as you describe, and I thought we could still do a good job despite the conditions, I'd be asking for travelling time / cancellation fee.

You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

texas girl

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 03:06:35 am »
I am praying for rain! 8)

The past 2 weeks 70's and into the 80's. Great for the holiday schedule but the lake is really low. Thank God it is a very large lake.

The landscaping is very dry. Great for sun tanning though. We need some rain really bad.

Why can't we all just have a perfect balance of weather?

Hugs,

Texas Girl   :-*
Debbie

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 07:20:27 am »

I often think of you guys, living in the west and north-west.  Over here in the east Lincs we seem to miss out on too much rain.  By the time its got over the Pennines then our Wolds....not a lot left for Louth.
Mind you we do get a "Siberian" wind from the north sea.......... for weeks and that can be bloody cold!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

marc al

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 06:20:36 pm »
  David

I agree, I am in South Lincs and have worked pretty much every day for the last 4 weeks, I am actually in front with my round.

Marc

dai

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 06:50:00 pm »
Squeaks/Roger, drop 'em.  Cheeky bustards!  Don't they realise how much rain we've had?

I honestly find it difficult to believe that you put up with sort of sh)t!

If you've agreed terms and conditions and your customers break them, drop them!!!

Where's your self-respect?  You're not their ruddy servant.

Got to agree with Tosh on this one. I don't go to customers and tell them it's gone up a pound this time. I give them notice of an impending price increase.
I am proposing  a change in our aggreement. It's only right that I give them the choice of continuing with my service or not.
I dumped two more yesterday for saying "you can leave them this time"
It wasn't even raining yesterday.
There's an old chinese saying that I always try and stick by.

WHATEVER ARRANGEMENT WE MAKE TOGETHER SHOULD BE FOR OUR MUTUAL BENEFIT.
IF YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME, I WILL WITHDRAW FROM YOU. Dai