Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

datec66

New to WFP, RO probs
« on: December 15, 2006, 03:06:09 pm »
Hiya guys

Got my gear at last from cleantech. Got a rectangular vikan brush without the red rubber round edges. 1 fan jet works fine spraying in middle of bristles, the other squirts at an angle at not straight, therefore squirts at top of the brush bristles, I turn it round with screwdriver and it squirts downwards into bristles on brush. This can't be right surely meaning dirt from brush is sprayed onto window and doesn't rinse properly?

Got a 4 stage 100 gpd RO with ro man sitckers on it. got sediment filter, coconut carbon then cholrine filter then onto membrane. got a pressure gauge on it showing 50 psi but does slightly leak at connection point to the pipe. problem however is that is starts off giving TDS as 002, then rises and now after 3 hours, only got about 13 litres of water and it's now coming out at TDS 29. TDS increases longer the longer it runs. TDS is only 68-72 coming out of tap so it's only 50% efficient. This can't be right surely?????

Also, RO has a metal round thing above the membrane, with 2 green tubes going into bottom and 2 blue tubes from the top, 1 is the product water, the other connected to the membrane. Anyone know what this is for?

Got a 5 litre DI cannister but bet this won't last long with this RO so something must be wrong.

apart from this, everything else seems ok. its hard to reach the valve though to shut the water off from the pipe from my new backpack. cut the lance off, put in a valve I got for £10, clipped this up and other end goes into pole hose. Any suggestions here also to make it easier, could do with connecting this valve to the pole somehow?

Cheers

Carl

Pj

Re: New to WFP, RO probs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:32:30 pm »
Best suggestion is, talk to the people you got it from, they'll talk you through the problems

Wozza

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 03:53:47 pm »
Can help wityh a couple of the issue's you are having. ;D

For starters the PSI gauge needs to be un-screwed and some new PTE tape put around the thread of your gauge, Then pop the gauge back on and this should stop that from happening again and make the thread water tight.

To me your flow of water to your r o man sound way to weak 50 psi is to low. You can add na pump to this unit to speed up the power of the water through your unit, this will speed up the amount of water made per litre.

You need to be getting a PSI reading of over 60 to make water really. I know this as I had the same problem with my unit. Kirsty @ gardiner very kindly supplied me with a pump to increase the PSI reading - now in the late red part of the pressure gauge and working well. It cost me £65 but well worth the money.

Did your unit come with a flush kit fitted ? if so try flushing the membranes to see if this will lower your TDS level.

I have a 450 Gpd and it runs very well and has no problems like what you have. I have a reading in of 370 to 390 and out of 000 each time I make water. The only thing I change is resin in di unit

Try the flush if you have one and if no luck try your supplier for more info.

I don't use a backpack so can't help with that one

Wozza ;)

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:11:47 pm »
You didn't have to cut the trigger off the pipe from the backpack.
Just unscrew the lance a screw on a hoselock tap adaptor. Make a short piece of pipe up with a female hozelock adaptor at each end. Your pole will then plug into that.

The trigger will control the water flow - ie stop & start

As for the RO contact people you got it from if youn get no joy from whats already been posted.

Craig

macmac

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:10:45 pm »
you're right, it can't be right
get in touch with cleantech and let them sort it out!! you paid the money, you deserve that it all works right!! p.s. cleantech are a very good company and i'm confident that they will bend over backwords to sort you out. ;)

datec66

Re: New to WFP, RO probs New
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 07:33:09 pm »
I'll have to phone cleantech about the RO.  It does have a flush fitted and already tried this. flushed out TDS over 170 for about 10 mins until TDS was same as tap water, around 68. Turned flush valve, TDS came out at 002. But the longer it runs, the higher the TDS gets. Now been running about 7 hours and TDS is down again to 019, so now 73% efficient. It should be 97-99% according to RO MAN depending on certain things.  RO MAN says min of 35 PSI so I thought 50 would be OK, although I know they recommend 60 psi. 

I could put the lance back on backpack easy, so I'll try that instead.

Cheers

Carl