Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

POSTIONING OF A FLOWJET STRAINER
« on: December 18, 2006, 04:50:10 pm »
I worked on my sons van at the weekend to get it ready for wfp cleaning today.

I had no leaks except for one and its been a problem for him today.

I mounted a flowjet strainer vertically before the 60psi flowjet pump. The strainer as an air lock that I cant get rid of. So somtimes the water comes through and then it just stops,My son went to clean a house out in the country this afternoon and he waited 20 mins but no water came though the pump was working.

The flowjet strainer drips near the thread when you are not useing the pump,only very slowly but it is a drip,and when the pump is sucking water into the pump you can also see air travelling round the thread of the clear glass housing.

Do you have to lay a strainer flat or Have I made a mistake mounting it vertically?

Any replys would be most welcome.

Nel.

DASERVICES

Re: POSTIONING OF A FLOWJET STRAINER
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 05:23:30 pm »
Cannot comment on this as I have mine any angle, what I do find though is I have a stop connector at the end of my hose which goes into the hose reel. I have to run the pump with the connector off until the strainer is full of water and then put it back on.

If I did not do this then no water comes out, something I found out. Do not know if it is the same problem if you have a stop connector.

Doug

JM123

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:33:35 pm »
If the strainer is leaking when the pump is switched off then you will be drawing air in when the pump is switched on.  Make a new connection for it and put a jubilee clip around it.  Any air in the system will eventually be expelled.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:56:32 pm »
Use PTFE Tape, on all screw Joints, this stops leaks from the threads.

neil100

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:12:31 pm »
Problem solved.

First, it does not matter if you put the strainer vertical or lay it flat.

Second, Flowjet are sending me a replacment strainer, A newly designed one that fits onto the pump on the inlet valve Dur to my new strainer having a leak.

You dont need a special wrench to tighten them because they should be fully sealed by turning them by hand.

I spoke directly to the product designer at Flowjet, I had made an error in setting the system up in that when I mounted the strainer on the stainless steel sheet the outlet barb was ponting up, which ment I had to loop the 1/2" Hose to get it into the pump, So the air lock from the strainer expanded into the hose and because my hose was looped it meant the pump could not get rid of the air lock.

The strainer should be positioned below the pump and the hose from the strainer should be on the same level as the pump or it should go up. But it should never looped like I did, the hose going up then back down before entering the pump. You have been warned.

Nel.