Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaner Windows

my new problem
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:28:32 pm »
have a few polising jobs (leaded and georgian) and because of the recent rain etc we have had, we left all the jobs like these out...but today the weather was o.k so we were left with many of these types of job to do :(
i was bloody knackered by the end of it, they were BIG houses too, as in £20 - £40 sorts. feels like i been to the gym at the moment lol.
is this what everyone else finds? or am i managing my round in the wrong way?
when I'm cleaning windows

Mr. S

Re: my new problem
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:30:02 pm »
dennis r u wfp or trad?

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:31:29 pm »

Mr. S

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:34:04 pm »
how do u soak ur windows?
Applicator or rag?

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:22 pm »
Yip feel it, your getting old like me.

Bah humbug hope you've gone through the mid life crisis. We all go through it. ???

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 11:46:08 pm »
how do u soak ur windows?
Applicator or rag?
i run a line down the centre of the window with my applicator (not too much liquid tho) and then use the scrim, in up and down motions then side to side, and make sure its clean, then move on to the next!

Mr. S

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:59:08 pm »
im now wfp upstairs but when i do leaded etc use wfp down. EASY!

When trad i use an unger porcupine applicator sleeve, ring it out and scrub, then unger microfibre. very easy and fly through them. I used diagonal movements polishing though as opposed to up and down after polishing round glass edge. When first started used scrim but quality microfibre much better.

Hope this helps!

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 12:02:51 am »
im now wfp upstairs but when i do leaded etc use wfp down. EASY!

When trad i use an unger porcupine applicator sleeve, ring it out and scrub, then unger microfibre. very easy and fly through them. I used diagonal movements polishing though as opposed to up and down after polishing round glass edge. When first started used scrim but quality microfibre much better.

Hope this helps!
thanks, always good to hear from someone elses experiences ;)

Mr. S

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 12:05:37 am »
no probs mate, no doubt everybodys got their own ways of doing things, but this worked quickest for me.

Regards Craig

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 08:18:11 am »
To be honest I hate Leaded Windows and Georgians but it's one of them things you've got to do!!  I Will say though don't use a really wet scrim or applicator because your just making more work for yourself, damp is good enough!

seanmcshane

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 08:58:11 am »
get some unger microfibres. Use one damp - water only - to rub over glass, then polish with dry one.
Honestly, you will not believe how easy it is and how great they come up. So quick too.
I use WFP now though.

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 02:26:45 pm »
To be honest I hate Leaded Windows and Georgians but it's one of them things you've got to do!!  I Will say though don't use a really wet scrim or applicator because your just making more work for yourself, damp is good enough!

I agree.

Dennis, get yourself a backpack set up.  You'll half the time and with very little effort, these accounts will become your favourates.

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 04:47:04 pm »

Good advice from microfibre guys. One damp(I use a spray bottle) and one dry.
If a house is all G windows front and back you're looking at millions of corners and with the best will in the world you ain't gonna get all of 'em and a reasonable customer wouldn't seriously expect you to.

As for leaded...new stuff is ok but the old type, at all angles, cracked and getting ready to pop out...really really hate them.