Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

huntercontractors

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
« on: December 12, 2006, 05:05:51 pm »
My 4X4 that i have been using was getting on a bit (D reg) so as i have now been working as a window cleaner for seven months i have decided to go upmarket when i was offered an r reg combi van for £400 with i years MOT thought i got bargain of the century

TWO WEEKS later (today ) when i came to work for the first time this week (rain)
it overheats  :(
further inspection head gasket has gone cost £400 >:( >:(

There is such a thing as too good to be true!!!

Sir Squeaky

Re: TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:27:06 pm »
Ah, I know where you went wrong...

You bought a van. ;D

huntercontractors

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 08:38:07 pm »
oh yeah how silly of me !

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 08:19:40 am »
Unlucky mate!  I'd be gutted if that had happened to me!!   :( :( :(   :o

;)

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 04:32:44 pm »
your own fault for not checking the van properly before you bought it. and 400 quid for a van with12 months ticket, what was you expecting to get?

Dick

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 06:45:16 pm »
I also bought a knacker of a van earlier this year, it was full of water under the mats, even the underneath of the seats were wet. Every time I used it something went wrong, lights, wipers, exhaust, heated rear window etc. I managed to get rid of it very quickly and replaced it with what I hope is a reliable Astra van, mind you a bit concerned with 121,000 on the clock.
Dick

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 06:53:19 pm »
I managed to get rid of it very quickly and replaced it with what I hope is a reliable Astra van, mind you a bit concerned with 121,000 on the clock.
Dick
If it's a diesel, then it's an Isuzu engine and it's bulletproof.
My Astra diesel had over 200,000 and was good as new.
Good for at least another 100,000. ;)

If it's petrol...ha ha ha ha!!!!! ;D

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 07:05:48 pm »
I do believe that the days are gone when you could buy an old car / van/ motorbike and smoke it around the streets for a year or two as cheap transport.
Even little problems on a diesel van with a turbo, electronic injectors and an engine management computer is going to hurt.
Also the little backstreet garage probably can't fix it because it has to be plugged in to their terminal. So its now got to go to the main agents where they charge you £100+ an hour but still have to order the parts from France, or Germany or even worse Japan .