Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fast 1 *

Re: New Website
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 02:39:14 pm »
oh yes for the work we carry out they just don't cut it we find one you cant get the pressure on the windows and for really soiled windows they dont clean them well enough, dont get me wrong they have there place and i have two van setups but finding that the larger companies are going off them because of the results.
says it all

Squeaky will love that ;)

wildstyles

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
oh yes for the work we carry out they just don't cut it we find one you cant get the pressure on the windows and for really soiled windows they dont clean them well enough, dont get me wrong they have there place and i have two van setups but finding that the larger companies are going off them because of the results.
says it all

Squeaky will love that ;)

Look at JVs website.  I bet those massive buildings aren't done every four weeks; if they were they wouldn't be really soiled (read his post). 

I agree WFP isn't great on un-regular work of this nature, but for regular work; even every two months, it's cracking.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 03:43:33 pm »
Most of our contracts our done on a two monthly basis and none our more than quarterly.

So wich is better the one clean every two months that may be slightly more exspensive but gives better results or a traditional clean to begin with, with one wfp clean every month?

Offering both service i know wich one would end up more expensive and not give such good results

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 04:08:55 pm »
the site as it stands has only cost about £650.00

I also do web design and £650 seems like a lot of money for your site - Although as I've said it does look good, and obviously works for you.

How do you promote it?

Andy

steveaqua

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 04:55:48 pm »
J.V don't take this the wrong way but that is far to much money for your site, sorry to say just being honest.

there is nothing complex about it and wouldn't really take any real time to construct. is £650 just for design and hosting or is there anything else included in the price?

there is also a broken link on the top left pic on your window cleaning page didn't know if you knew it was there

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:15 pm »
Thanks lads i will have a word with the guy tomorrow as all he has done is put my ideas, text and pictures on the site, there is another two pages to go on the service page but then it will be done.
What is a broken link think i will stick to what i know windows and not the ones on you computer haha

steveaqua

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 10:56:40 pm »
J.V all it is

is when the cursor hovers over the top left pic on the window cleaning section, once you click it it takes you to an unknown URL, (web page)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 11:18:53 pm »
Thanks,

What you think it should have cost me?

steveaqua

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 11:22:12 pm »
I don't know mate, sorry to speak me mind but if i would of paid to much for something and didn't know anything about it i'd wish someone would tell me.

i think you could probably put that together in around 4 hours if you had all the content and pictures, did he type it all out for you or did you supply him all that?

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 08:56:56 pm »
thanks for the words lads i o you a favour as had a word with the guy didn't wanna give me a discount but is going to do four more pages for me now and also set up the website so we can sell the ettore products we tock through it e commerce i think its called..

Thanks again

Templar

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 08:57:30 pm »
I have a website for my small one man op window cleaning startup. Your website made me pig sick that it could be done so well. A very professional and well thought out effort. Rest assured that the small bit's that could apply to me I will be nicking. You don't know what my website's called do you? Good!

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 09:44:33 pm »
all the best to you sir

thanks for the kind words

ducky

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:03 pm »
need more pics of cherry pickers.site looks good :D
if it cleans we will clean it

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 10:00:01 pm »
get yourself dreamweaver and you can do just a good a job as any proffesional can and save you time and money you change it when you want to

markybop

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 10:06:33 pm »
wheres ur website then?
splish-splash....give me the cash!

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 10:09:01 pm »
dreamweaver hey will have to look into that, we have had some photo shoots recently so watch this space on the hydraulic platform picture side.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 10:09:27 pm »

markybop

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 10:10:41 pm »
naw easyclean.........mr dreamweaver, where's ur site?
splish-splash....give me the cash!

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 10:11:59 pm »
ha ha the banter has started