Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Count Phil

new wfpers
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:34:54 pm »
Just in case anyone is starting or if you do ups wfp and downs trad, I just found this out today.
I always trad downstairs as my misses works with me. But I had a day on my own yesterday and decided to wfp downs to make up my speed. Because it was windy they dried quick and when I went back to invoice the road I checked the job I'd done. Now, I know I do a good job wfp because when I do inside i see a perfect result everytime. I've been through fans, pencils, vikans, salmons etc etc and have got it down to a tee.

The job i did was crap on these downs - even though the frames are always done (by hand). So I was just thinking, if you go wfp from trad do it all straight away and get all of the frames cleaned by wfp as quick as poss whilst your still telling them it will take a few goes to get right. Otherwise you'll end up like me, I was thinking of doing downs but now I'm going to have to start all over with the dodgy results. Oh well, nows the time to do it - time they get back from work its dark so they can't tell......

brett walker

Re: new wfpers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:24:42 pm »
What liquid has your wife been using on the downs?  dont forget you have to take the soap out of the glass as well

It may take a couple of cleans for perfect results

I use squeegy off which i have found better with wfp than fairy

Brett

Paul Coleman

Re: new wfpers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:29:52 pm »
What liquid has your wife been using on the downs?  dont forget you have to take the soap out of the glass as well

It may take a couple of cleans for perfect results

I use squeegy off which i have found better with wfp than fairy

Brett

I found it the same way Brett did because I have previously done this too.  The first clean on the ground floor with WFP was sometimes quite spotty when it dried.  It really needs to be treated like a first clean (going around twice) or there needs to be a bit of acceptance that it might take until the third clean to get a quality job.  All the work I mentioned above was fine after the second or third clean (don't forget those top frames on the ground floor).