Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny_h

black marks from window seals
« on: December 10, 2006, 12:43:55 am »
going over to wfp soon and have a couple of customers whos window seals leave black marks on scrims  will they be a problem with wfp?
AUDI VIDE TACE

Fast 1 *

Re: black marks from window seals
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 02:12:53 am »
no,because wfp dont do the sills
wildstyles

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 02:16:37 am »
Oooohhh! So true though. ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 10:37:37 am »
going over to wfp soon and have a couple of customers whos window seals leave black marks on scrims  will they be a problem with wfp?

I've not had a problem with such seals.  Occasionally, I do have an issue with some black seals though.  It's when they feel tacky (as in slightly sticky) - like they have been treatewd with something.  This was mentioned on the WCA course I went on but I can't recall the substance that they are treated with.  Anyway, it's unusual.  I only have two places like this on my entire round.  I compromised by doing ground floor the trad way.

ducky

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 11:13:21 am »
bang on shiner.its the black rubber seals that hold the window in :)
if it cleans we will clean it

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 11:24:29 am »
no mate, you wont have any probs with the seals doing them wfp. i have a lot of the same windows, i.e. when done trad the seal around the window leaves great big black marks all over ya scrim.when i do the same windows wfp the come up perfect. ;D

johnny_h

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 11:32:59 am »
thanks all
AUDI VIDE TACE

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 11:53:19 am »
Couldn't agree more, those windows with oxidized seals a re a real pain when done  trad, you have to be so careful not to get it on the frames, particularly when detailing.
With WFP it doesn't seem to have any effect at all ;D

And I personally do all of the frames and sills with WFP, and always do the sills, even on frames that have oxidized.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES