Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Asda Microfibres
« on: December 05, 2006, 06:59:11 pm »

I've been using them quite a bit lately to detail and clean small Georgian windows.
Just had a call from a customer who said that in the sun (what bloody sun?) she can see lots of fibres on the glass.

Is this just because I'm using cheapo 87p micros?....are Ettore @ around £5 less likely to leave fibres?

Jason Atwell

Re: Asda Microfibres
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 07:19:11 pm »
I get the window cleaning warehouse ones, cheaper than ettore or unger and do the same job. A micro fibre from asda or tesco is nothing like a proper one, the ones i used to get from asda were quite bobbly and left fibres on the glass, especially when buffing leaded glass, where as the proper one are more like tracksuit material , quite smooth!
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

Wozza

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 07:20:07 pm »
What don't Asda sell these days. ! ;D

They will be selling water fed poles next.

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 08:14:06 pm »

Cheers guys, had a feeling it might be me being a cheapskate. Best I invest some of me hard earnt dosh....I really liked the idea of 10 micros for less than a tenner....oh well it underlines the old saying...."buy cheap ya get cheap" :)

mogy

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:18:37 pm »
Hi Simon
 Ive been using some cheap microfibr cloths off the local market , they were allso losing fibres, but after a good wash all was ok, only prob is they are not so good  on buffing ,they  want to grip the  glass when they are   dry.
   Mogy 

ducky

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:44:49 pm »
go for the unger ones i use ettore for the sills thats all they are good for. :)
if it cleans we will clean it

markybop

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 08:57:34 pm »
Get ursel sum o these cloths, they are spot on, money well spent, there huge and dont leave any "scrim fluff"!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Window-Cleaning-Microfibre-Glass-Cloth-Large-pk-of-10_W0QQitemZ180038132376QQihZ008QQcategoryZ112579QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
splish-splash....give me the cash!