Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dougster

battery problems, trolley
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:11:08 am »
I have got some problems with the batterys i use on my two trolley systems. After charging them i only get 1 0r 2 hours of use before they start to drain.
please can anyone advise on which batterys to buy to replace these thanks

jeff1

Re: battery problems, trolley
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:36 am »
Try running your batteries flat first and then recharge them, see if that makes any difference, sometimes they have a memory and are not to happy with half charges.

It depends what type of batteries you are using now, if you built your own trolley then I would use the leisure battery, if its a pro built one, then ask the makers about the battery.

fenscouse

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 01:33:47 pm »
hi, thinking of getting a freedom trolley. could you tell me how u charge the battery? is it like a car battery that u have to connect clamps to it or is there another way? thanks

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 01:54:43 pm »
Hi fen. It's just a case of buyin a battery charger from halfords(about £25) and charging like any normal car battery. Simple bud.  ;)

batterbee

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 02:05:36 pm »
hi, thinking of getting a freedom trolley. could you tell me how u charge the battery? is it like a car battery that u have to connect clamps to it or is there another way? thanks

Hi, i might be wrong but i think you get a battery charger with the freedom trolley.

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 02:13:25 pm »
You could well be right bud. They never used to, but, i think i saw it on there site a while back.

Extremeclean

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 03:44:13 pm »
I have a few Freedom trollies and you now get a battery charger with them. Its a straightforward plug in type thats designed to charge the battery properly.

Rich.

dougster

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 09:09:04 pm »
thanks jeff, i have been using little batteries,like motorbike ones from maplin.someone advisedme on this type on here before, but i keep getting the same problems with them. so can anyone tell me where i can buy a leisure battery from on the net, and i will try that instead
    thanks

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 09:47:14 pm »
Aha the batteries for m/bikes are not very big in ampH,

so I'm not supprised they are running down, If you need to buy batteries of that size, try a Disability shop, they very often have high amp ones as used on mobility scooters and sell second hand ones for about a fiver, failing that you can buy leisure ones from halfords local to yourself.

I don't have an online link, but mind the physical size of them, make sure it will fit your trolley system, the higher the ampH the better.

Extremeclean

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 10:18:09 pm »
Jeff.

You seem to know your stuff about batteries.

Do you think that the golf trolley batteries at 26 amp hr with a power drain of 2 to 3 amps with a suitable charger are good for the job?

Rich

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 10:27:43 pm »
Rich

I'm not 100% certain about the current drain of your pump, I think there about 7amp so you should get on a good battery about four and a half hours use, provided the battery is in good nick if not then it will be less.

I think Jeff brimble uses the  golf trolley battery, I will check with him to see the size of his battery and how long he gets from it..

Extremeclean

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 10:31:28 pm »
Sorry Jeff.

I should have said that I have varistreams fitted to all my systems and at working flow rate they use 2 to 3 amps instead of 7 which would be about right for pumps working at full rate.

Rich.

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 11:03:19 pm »
In that case then Rich you should get a full day out of it, so long as you don't use it to drive the trolley as well  ;D